Chapter 3

The next day had gone by pretty quickly. Polly sat in the living room as she waited excitedly for Dolly to arrive. She had gotten her to agree to meet Filbert and she couldn't be happier. He was going to see for himself just how great her new friend was. Filbert walked out of the kitchen, having just finished making dinner, and took a seat next to Polly

"Glad to see how excited you are about this," Filbert smiled at his cousin.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Polly giggled. "You're going to meet my new friend."

"Yeah, I'm pretty excited about that too," Filbert grinned. "Can't wait to see that artistic skill you've been telling me about."

"You already have," Polly said, chuckling. "Unless you're talking about the process."

Filbert chuckled as well. "Basically that, yeah."

As she talked with Filbert, the excitement in Polly began to build up even more. She knew that he and Dolly would get along great, and once Dolly was comfortable, she could meet Megan and Henry as well, and the five of them would be able to do all kinds of things together. The thoughts of what they would be made the blonde smile even more.

A knock came at the door.

"I got it," Filbert said, getting up and going to the door to answer it. He gave a welcoming smile. "Hi, you must be Dolly."

Dolly looked around as she was wearing her mask. Coopy is behind her. The artist didn't say anything before she turned to look at Filbert. "Um...hi." She said a bit shyly.

Polly walked up to them and gently grabbed Dolly's hand. "Come on, you don't wanna stand out there all night, do you?"

Dolly let Polly lead her inside. The artist looked around, taking in the view of the apartment. She looked at Filbert again before looking at Polly, who nodded to her, as if to say it was okay. After a few more seconds, Dolly removed her mask, revealing her face to Filbert.

"So you really have a scar like Polly's, huh?" Filbert looked at her before giving a soft smile a few seconds later. He put a comforting hand on her shoulder. "Don't worry, no one's going to judge you here. You look perfectly fine."

Dolly knew that Polly said Filbert was a good guy, but to hear that coming from the mouth of someone with a normal face was a shock to her. For years she had kept herself hidden from everyone because of the harsh treatment she faced in the past. And here this guy was, with a normal face, telling her that she was just fine the way she was.

"And who's this little guy?" Filbert asked, getting down to pet Coopy. "He's so cute."

"Coopy," Dolly said with a smile. She watched as her cat purred at the petting. "I think he's going to like you."

Filbert chuckled. "I think so too." He continued petting the cat. "It's very nice to meet you, Coopy."

Dolly looked around again and spotted a picture of Polly and Filbert together. She walked up to it. "I like this picture of you guys."

Polly looked at the picture as well after coming up next to Dolly. "Thanks, it's one of my favorites."

Dolly then got an idea. "Would you mind if I-"

"Draw it?" Polly giggled. "Go for it."

Dolly grins, taking out her sketchpad. She sat down and looked at the picture a couple of times as she drew.

Filbert held Coopy as she watched. Polly smirked at him.

"Well Filbert, you're seeing the process," Polly said.

Filbert nodded. "Can't wait to see how it turns out."

"Done!" Dolly said. She got up and showed the picture to them. Sure enough, it looked exactly like the one on the wall.