𝙩𝙤 𝙠𝙖𝙠𝙖𝙫𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙖, 𝙬/𝙭/𝙮

𝗪/𝗫/𝗬
tani yuuki

misunderstandings and mistakes are common
an approach that failed to go as planned, even sadness
let's split them into two
hoping it's not an ending

misunderstandings and mistakes are commonan approach that failed to go as planned, even sadnesslet's split them into twohoping it's not an ending

you know those quiet mornings? the ones where the world seems to sleep in, birds barely chirping, and the sunlight seeps in gently. it's days like these, wrapped in your sweatshirt, coffee mug in hand, that make the whole world fade away. it's not about anything fancy or grand, just the softness of your messy hair, the way you grumble softly in your sleep, the promise of another day together.
every day with you, even the ones filled with worries and whispered threats, feels worth going for.
you're my quiet harbor, my safe space in the storm.
and...maybe it's just a wishful thinking of mine, but let's keep at it, until we're old and grey.

love, y/n

aventurine groaned as the loud ringtone of his phone shattered the peace of the bedroom

aventurine groaned as the loud ringtone of his phone shattered the peace of the bedroom. annoyance flickered in his eyes before hardening into his usual detached mask. you watched as he negotiated, voice sharp and persuasive. a few minutes later, he tossed the phone aside, an unexpected smile playing on his lips.

"apparently, i'm off duty for a few hours," he announced, surprise lacing his voice. it wasn't everyday a stoneheart isn't needed, aventurine can't help but think of his worth once again. on the bright side, more time with you.

uncertainty flickered in his eyes. this unplanned pause, an unscheduled time filled with nothing, seemed to disorient him. "so...fancy brunch date?" he offered tentatively, a hint of his usual charm returning.

but something about his stiff posture, the hesitation in his voice, made you laugh. instead of reaching for your clothes, you flopped back onto the bed, beckoning him to join you. "let's just stay here," you said, tracing lazy circles on his bare shoulder.

the tension left his body, replaced by surprise, then a slow grin. aventurine settled beside you, a low rumble of contentment replacing his usual guardedness. the birds chirping outside seemed to grow louder, the dappled sunlight on his face a simple, perfect picture. his hand found yours, fingers intertwining.

his hair was still a mess from sleep, eyes hooded. and as your fingers trailed through the soft strands, he let out a sigh that was almost a purr. you paused, and he whined, a low, playful sound that made you grin. this sleepy, unguarded version of aventurine was rare and precious.

"maybe...maybe we don't need fancy things all the time," he murmured, voice barely above a whisper. you nodded, warmth blooming in your chest at the shared realization. somehow, this lazy morning felt more meaningful than any extravagant date to fancy restaurants.

a sudden thought of the future flashed in your mind-of mornings like this, simple and stolen. no missions, no threats, just the two of you existing with nothing but time on your hands. it was a future far removed from the dangerous life he led, but for the first time, you and aventurine entertained the thought.

 it was a future far removed from the dangerous life he led, but for the first time, you and aventurine entertained the thought

──────

──────

𝖑𝖆𝖎. not proof-read. we're so close to the ending! there are some songs i planned to include but got shafted. also, aventurine banner is a few days away! i have 101 tickets saved for him, 50/50. let me win pleaseeeee ;;;

p.s. i do plan to put the shafted letters as extras heheg

 i do plan to put the shafted letters as extras heheg