𝙐𝙉𝙎𝙀𝙉𝙏 ! 𝙢𝙚𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙞𝙘

𝗠𝗘𝗟𝗔𝗡𝗖𝗛𝗢𝗟𝗜𝗖
junky

ever since you showed up in that dream of mine
i havent been honest at all

after all

i can't grasp you at all
the one who was trying to lose her heart
while she didnt notice at all
was me after all

its that sort of time
i want to be drowned in this beloved
melancholy

its that sort of timei want to be drowned in this belovedmelancholy

happens before the events of anti beat. obviously angst, be patient with churin

aventurine found it hard to look you in the eye lately

aventurine found it hard to look you in the eye lately. it wasn't intentional cruelty, not entirely. more a sense of self-preservation, a sudden shift in the way he thought about you.

he'd always thought of you as a pleasant variable, a spark of amusement in the otherwise predictable calculations of his life. your gentle voice, your kind smile, had all chipped away at his carefully constructed walls. lately, that warmth felt like fire against his skin.  

the ease between you, once so comforting, had started to feel like a dangerous gamble. every second he spent with you was like tossing another chip onto the bargaining table. it was exhilarating but also a terrifying loss of control. one he hadn't experienced in a long time.

then, there were the dreams. those were the worst. he'd wake up with your name on his lips, a strange ache in his chest that wasn't quite pain but felt alarmingly close. it scared him, this unfamiliar vulnerability bubbling up inside. and so, he'd started to pull away.

"you're quiet today," you'd commented one afternoon, your brow wrinkled slightly in concern.

he'd managed a thin smile, a mask so often worn it felt almost like his own face. "just some work concerns, nothing serious."