Chapter Eight

Rowan

I honestly didn't know what I was doing. I was in Jackson and Devin's living room, with Devin, with her melting in my grasp.

My cock was so hard it fucking hurt, pushing against my zipper, begging to be free.

Begging to be in Devin's mouth, throatfucking her until she cried.

Begging to be buried deep within Devin's sweet pussy.

The way she looked up at me didn't help my case.

Maybe I didn't want her to be with Blake, not only because I wanted to save her from him. But because I wanted to ruin her myself.

But I knew I couldn't do this, not to Jackson or to her. Doing this without his knowledge and under his roof? I'd like to think he'd at least want a warning if I decided to go after his little sister.

Though I doubt he'd want to know we were even involved like that at all.

She also just went through a breakup, and I don't even know what happened between them. I could grasp a good idea, but she never really spoke about it besides the good, never the ugly. Regardless, it was too early. Fuck, what was I doing.

She finally looked away, not able to hold eye contact, like always. It was always kind of cute, even when we were kids she'd look away. I let go of her throat and started walking away.

"Those pretty eyes show more truth than you tell, Violet."

I didn't bother looking back at her. I didn't need to when I felt her eyes following me and that was enough for me to have an idea of her expression. I made my way to the bathroom, leaving her speechless.

I shut the door to the bathroom and ran a cold shower. As it ran, I checked my reflection, running my hands through my hair.

What the hell just happened.

My heart was racing, but it felt different than any other time prior.

I never lost my nerve flirting with women, but she was different somehow. I shook my head vigorously, I just needed to shower at this point. I couldn't banter with myself. I needed all this built-up tension gone. I got in the shower and sat there for quite some time before finally heading out to the room to get changed.

I know I didn't live here but I had clothes in the guest room since I was here all the time. Jackson didn't mind and nor did Devin, they never used the guest bedroom anyways. It helped me get away from my dad too.

Ah fuck, my dad, he said I had to help with the ball. I guess I could ask Devy more about it. Though I doubt she'd want to see me after our little conversation earlier, my lips curved into a little smirk.

Devin

I sat there, blinking. My mind was blank, trying to put together what just happened.

"Those pretty eyes show more truth than you tell, Violet."

There was a residual warmth from his hand. His touch still lingered, it almost stung.

His demand to see my eyes. It was fucking hot.

It felt as if a siren pulled me into its trance.

And I was willing to sink to the bottom of the ocean for its song.