05| Green & Black

Pov Daemyra Hightower

Green & Black

The sun was already shining when I got out of bed, I got dressed in the same emerald green dress and decided to go looking for Joanna in the garden

The sun was already shining when I got out of bed, I got dressed in the same emerald green dress and decided to go looking for Joanna in the garden. I could feel the sun burning my pale skin and I could smell all the beautiful colorful flowers "Lady Daemyra Hightower" I heard.

When I looked to my right I saw Criston Cole looking at me "Ser Criston" I said with a little smile on my face "The King and Princess Rhaenyra are waiting for you" he said with a straight face "For me?" I asked "Yes, my lady"

A part of me knew that wasn't right why would the king and the heir want to talk with me, that could only mean one thing, they wanted to get rid of me, like a piece of trash they would throw on the street.

I took a deep breath and I could already feel the air coming out slowly out of my body, a burning sensation ran through my body like I was being burned. I raised my head and followed Criston

"Your Grace! The lady Daemyra Hightower" Criston said and I entered the King's chambers. I could see Rhaenyra sitting in a chair next to the king who was always sitting in a chair and in front of them was another chair I assumed was for me, so I sat there.

The tension between everyone was killing me, I could feel Rhaenyra's gaze penetrating my skin while the king was looking at Rhaenyra with a disappointed face "The accusations you made against my daughter, are vile disgusting lies, just like you, a lie Otto Hightower wanted to keep and should've" those words would've hurt me if I didn't already hear them, of course, that every time someone said something like that my heart would ache but the wound I had there was already used to getting sore every time someone said something similar.

"I'm very sorry, about what I said, Your Grace, I never wanted to offend the Princess since she's been very kind to me since my arrival," I said and Rhaenyra rolled her eyes "Just like every Hightower, she's a backstabber" she whispered "I'm not a backstabber, because if I'm a backstabber to you, it means you actually trusted me at the point you would've trusted me the truth, and you didn't," I said "and what truth are you talking about Daemyra?" she asked me.

If I told the truth they would send me away or even worse they would kill me, I wasn't stupid to the point I would admit that I know her children are bastards "It doesn't matter the truth I'm talking about, what matters is that I'm sorry about what I said, I admit that I was wrong, I am the bastard Rhaenyra, I'm stupid, I was wrong I admit that, please forgive me" I grabbed her hand "I'll do everything you want if you forgive me, I never meant to hurt you or your sweet boys that I know you raised with tons of love and respect" I said and she looked at me like she was sorry for me, a look of pity for a bastard.

"You have one chance to show us you're loyal to the throne," Rhaenyra said "You'll marry my oldest son, Jacaerys, and you'll wear black from this day to your last day, you can't complain you'll be Queen one day when I die and your children shall be royalty a Queen or a King" she said and the only thing I did was agree with Rhaenyra it was that or dying, but I have to admit dying was starting to look better than marrying with Jacaerys Strong or Velaryon or Targaryen.

I left the King's chambers and the first person I saw was my sister "Daemyra" My sister called me "What happened child?" She asked me "I'll need to marry Jacaerys Velaryon, I'm Rhaenyra's puppet now" I laughed "What are you talking about Daemyra?" She asked me "I have one chance to show that I'm loyal to the throne and by that Rhaenyra meant that I'll wed Jacaerys and wear the color black from this day to my last day"

When I said that I could feel my sister getting angry, not because I was marrying Jace but because Rhaenyra was now one step ahead of her "Nonsense" she said and opened the door and closed the same door before I could enter the chambers.

"My sister is not your puppet like I used to be, you should be ashamed of your behavior" I heard my sister screaming "She'll not marry Jacaerys, she's already betrothed to my son Aemond, so please, stop including my ten years old sister in your plot" I heard and suddenly the door was opened "My poor child" I heard.

And for the first time, my sister hugged me, I could feel the heat of her body, her hands grabbing my back, for the first time I felt like a Hightower like I was a part of the family, I felt loved by my sister by my family. My sister grabbed my chin and tilted it up "I'll always protect you, we're family Daemyra, we protect each other" she said and I gently smiled.

"Will I marry Aemond?" I asked her "It is better than marrying the bastard" She laughed and so did I "It's fine, I like Aemond" I said "I'm afraid he likes you too, he hasn't shut up since you got here" She giggled.

My sister left my side and I walked to the gardens where I found some lavenders that smelled amazing. I knew lavenders had a calming effect on humans so I picked a few and walked to my chambers.

When I got in my chambers I saw Joanna and Aemond sitting in my bed "What's happening?" I asked and walked to the bed and saw some smoke "What is burning?" I asked "Nothing! We have something for you" Joanna said.

When I walked to the bed I saw an egg, a dragon egg, white as snow "I talked with my dad about you, and he said he wanted to give you a present because you're being kind to me" I always heard in Oldtown how arrogant and selfish Daemon Targaryen is, why would he give me a dragon egg?

"Vhagar put this egg, my dad is not sure if the egg is gonna hatch, but he wanted to give you this egg," Joanna said "But I'm not a Targaryen," I said and put my hand on the egg.

"Daemyra! You're gonna burn yourself" Aemond said and grabbed my arm but my hand was completely normal it wasn't burned "Your hand..." he said "I didn't even barely touch it" I lied.

" he said "I didn't even barely touch it" I lied

Kat Talking

🍂| 001 : Hello loves

🍂| 002 : I'm so sick of Act.I 😭😭

🍂| 003 : I'm sorry for any big mistake

🍂| 004 : Please let me write about madness 😔

🍂| 005 : Don't forget to vote and comment <3