C5: Lights Out

AN: Oberon does anything that he wants regardless of consequences.

Chapter 5: Lights Out

    " Changeling, why didn't you tell me earlier? "

" Huh? Mister Robin? "

" You celebrated the day of your birth with your Grandfather. You only mentioned it now when the event has already passed. "

" Why does Mister Robin appear upset? "

" Isn't it normal for humans to give gifts to someone on the day of their birth, Changeling? "

" Do fairies celebrate birthdays? If you want to give me a gift for my birthday, how about please stop removing the memories of my dreams every time I wake up and returning them every time you decide to summon me Mister Robin?  "

Ignoring the upset child, the fairy called Robin went on a tangent.

" Hmmm... I wonder what gift shall I give. Ah! I got it! "

" Mister Robin! "

" This world is quite unusual so I shall bless you with my sight. "

" Mister Robin! "

" This comes with some difficulties at first. Don't fret, changeling. This difficulty would disappear a day later. "

" Difficulty? "

" Now, come wake up Changeling. For there is a joyous day in the waking world. "

The fairy called Mister Robin smiled at Yuji. The smile looks pleasant and endearing. But for Yuji, he felt uncomfortable.

Ever since he met the fairy who introduced himself as Robin Goodfellow, the fairy has been doing everything as he pleased.

Ignoring every plea of Yuji to return the memories of his dream.

------------------

Yuji woke up with no recollection of his dream as usual. Getting up from his bed, Yuji opened his eyes.

" ... Huh?... "

He muttered in confusion.

Didn't he just opened his eyes? or is there no lights opened on his room? But if it is morning, shouldn't there be lights peaking in from his room's window? Maybe it wasn't still a morning?

With darkness filling his vision, Yuji use his hands and feet to feel the bed. Using the memories that he have of his room, to navigate himself in the dark room.

Stepping down from the bed, Yuji cautiously stand up. Wobbling from walking. He tried hard to remember where the light switch of his room was located from his bed.

" if I am not wrong... It should be straight ahead. "

Yuji keep walking straight until he collided into the wall. Yuji winced in pain when his face met the wall of his room.

"... It hurts! "

Yuji rub his face to as if to alleviate the ache of his face and nose. After a few minutes, the pain of his face receded, touching the wall, Yuji tried to locate the light switch of his room.

If he wasn't wrong, it should only be a little above of his head. Yuji can reach the light switch without his grandpa's help. Yuji keep feeling the wall with his hands searching for the light switch. Eventually, he felt a bump on the wall and the button of the light switch.

" There it is! "

Yuji happily exclaimed. With his finger he pressed the turned on the button of the light switch. Yuji whose face was smiling turned into confusion.

" Huh? ... Is the light broken? "

Yuji muttered. He keep pressing the button switching it from on and off. With voice trembling, he says.

" The light is faulty... "

Yuji muttered as if he was convincing himself.

" Yuji! Breakfast is ready! Wake up! "

Suddenly, Yuji heard the voice of his grandpa approaching the door of his room from the outside.

'  Breakfast? Is it already Morning? '

" It can't be... "

Yuji muttered to himself. How could he not see anything when it is already morning?

" Grandpa is going senile... "

Yuji mumbled softly.

His grandpa started knocking on the door. Yuji wanted to open the door to his grandpa but he was certain that it would take a while for him to reach the door of his room.

After a few seconds of Yuji not answering his grandpa, Itadori Wasuke opened the door to his grandson's room. He grumbled when he notice the lights of the room turned on.

" Yuji! It's already morning! Why did you turn on the lights! Didn't I reminded you to only open your lights at night? We are lessening the electric consumption as much as we can... "

Itadori Wasuke notice that his grandson was dress in his pajamas standing besides the light switch of his room. Hearing his voice, his grandson turned to stare at him. However, Wasuke notice that something is off.

His grandson was indeed looking at his direction. However, his grandson's eyes didn't met his. Avoiding his stare and his gaze was looking at an empty space behind Wasuke.

" Yuji, turn off the light and get out of your room! The breakfast is ready! "

His grandson frowned, he wasn't still looking at him.

" The lights aren't working... "

Wasuke heard Yuji say those words. Annoyed that his grandson was lying to him, he replied with a hint of anger on his voice.

" Why are you lying? Come outside of your room and let's eat! "

Suddenly, Wasuke noticed his grandson lips wobbling and starting to cry which greatly surprised Wasuke.

" I'm not lying! "

His grandson shouted with a frustrated voice and then the cry turn into a full blown sobbing.

" I'm not!... The lights are off... It's off... I can't see anything... Why I can't see anything? Grandpa? Grandpa? "

Yuji tried to walk towards what he believe was where is his grandpa was currently standing. He keep walking and walking until he didn't notice that there was his small table place in front of him. It caused him to stumble, twist his leg and hit his face to the ground.

" Yuji! "

Wasuke rushed towards his sobbing grandson, crouching and hugging him into his body.

" ... Grandpa... Why I can't see? Please, Grandpa.. I don't want this... I want to see... "

Eventually, after Yuji's sobs calmed down and has fallen unconscious. Growing tired from his crying and sobbing. Wasuke decided to Sugisawa Hospital bringing his Grandson with him to check on his grandson's sudden blindness.

Carrying his unconscious grandson with him before he left Yuji's room, Wasuke notice Yuji's pet tank with the Chrysalis inside still unchanging since the day Yuji found it.  Glancing at it, Wasuke blinked when he notice it glow for a brief moment.

Shaking his head and sighing, Wasuke grumbled towards himself. He was really going senile if keep seeing things that aren't real.

The Chrysalis didn't glow. It was Wasuke's mind playing tricks on itself.