Living With A Police Officer Chapter Thirty Two

Chapter Thirty Two

Harmony’s POV

            I straighten a final strand of my jet black hair, twisting it around my finger before pulling it through the straightener again. I do a once over, checking to see if I forgot any uncurled hair. Nope, I’m good. I smile in the mirror, pulling back a good part of hair that normal sits in the front with a gold hair clip. I straighten out my floral dress, brushing my hands along the purple, pink, yellow and coral fabric. I lean back against the counter top and apply some light pink eye shadow, some brown eyeliner and mascara. For the finishing touch I sweep on some clear lip-gloss.

            I nod to myself in the mirror, scanning myself up and down in the mirror to make sure everything looks right. I slip on my brand new pair of hot pink velvet pumps. I clomp out of the washroom and into Drew and mine’s bedroom, popping a tic tac into my mouth. Drew is standing beside the bed trying to tie his tie. It looks like he’s having some difficulty. I giggle and cross the room; gently pulling the fabric from Drew’s shaking hands.

            Drew’s Finn’s best man and Drew’s panicking over some sort of best man speech he has to make tonight and tomorrow.  He’s already written the speech, and I’ve already read it over. I don’t see why Drew’s panicking the speech was amazing and slightly funny, he claims it’s because he has a fear of speaking in front of a big crowd. He has nothing to worry about.

            Drew smiles at me gratefully as I tie his tie like a pro. After the tie is tied, I push him down on the bed gently so he’s sitting. I take his shaking hands in mine and lean over to look in his eyes.

            “Calm down D” I whisper with a giggle, “Nothing is going to happen! Your speech is amazing”

            Drew shakes his head and sighs loudly, trailing his pinkie finger down the side of my palm. Comforting him or me, I don’t know but it’s so nice a soft groan escapes my lips. Drew smiles to himself and continues to trail his pinkie across the side of my hand at the same pace.

            “What if they hate it? Then what Peaches?” Drew mutters, “They’re adults so I don’t think they’ll start throwing food at me but they might do something in that category”

            I giggle out loud at the immaturity and total belief in Drew’s words, “D babe seriously, no one is going to throw anything at you. You’re the best man! They wouldn’t dare. If they hate it then it’s their problem”

            Drew shrugs, “I guess. I might freeze up and stop talking completely you know”

            I giggle and pull him up from the bed so my chest is touching his, “Then picture everyone in their underwear”

            Drew chuckles and traces my lower lip with his thumb, “That would be no good” He whispers.

            I gasp in surprise, “Why? That always works!”

            Drew chuckles and shakes his head, “Not when your incredibly hot girlfriend is in the crowd. Picturing you in your underwear is not going to help in the least”