Savoré

The aroma of freshly baked bread and simmering sauces filled the air of Savoré, a cosy Italian restaurant tucked away in a quiet corner of the city. Tsuguya and his friends sat around a polished wooden table, sipping wine and nibbling on appetisers as they engaged in lively conversation.

Tsuguya, with his impeccable taste in fashion, leaned back in his chair, his discerning gaze scanning the room. Shiki sitting at a different corner table, he glanced quickly at her. Tsuguya's friends were chatting with each-other discerningly about fashion and trends on famous social media platforms.

Wanting to try and fit in with his 'friends', he decided to spark a differential conversation with them.

"You know, guys, I can't help but notice how some people just don't understand the concept of style,"

He remarked, his tone dripping with sophistication.

His friends nodded in agreement, their expressions mirroring his disdain for anything less than perfect.

"Absolutely,"

Chimed in Ayaka, her designer handbag resting on the chair beside her.

"Take Shiki, for example. Have you seen her latest ensemble? It's like she raided a thrift shop from the '80s."

The group erupted into discreet laughter, their voices hushed as they exchanged knowing glances.

"And those shoes she wears,"

Added Yuki, shaking his head in mock disbelief.

"They're practically ancient relics. I wouldn't be caught dead in them."

Tsuguya raised a twitchy eyebrow, a forced smile playing on his lips. He couldn't stand the level of disrespect seeping from their filthy mouths.

"It's as if she's trying to make a statement, but all she's doing is screaming 'fashion disaster' at the top of her lungs."

Hinikami remarked slyly, crossing her legs with disgust. Her words, laced with the intent of a venomous sting, paired with a pursed smile dripping from her face.

Across the restaurant, Shiki sat alone at a table by the window, oblivious to the scrutiny of her brother's friends. Her unique sense of style, a blend of vintage elegance and contemporary flair, set her apart from the crowd. But to Tsuguya's clique, she was nothing more than an easy target for their snide remarks.

As their conversation continued, filled with thinly veiled insults and backhanded compliments, Shiki glanced up from her menu, her eyes meeting Tsuguya's for a brief moment. There was a flicker of sadness in her gaze, quickly masked by a defiant spark.

Ignoring the whispers and judgemental stares, Shiki straightened her shoulders and returned her attention to the menu, a confident smile gracing her lips. She may not fit into their narrow definition of beauty, but she knew that true style came from within.

Meanwhile, Tsuguya's friends continued to revel in their own self-importance, unaware of the lesson in grace and confidence unfolding just a few tables away.

Tsuguya welled in his own puddle of shame for letting these words fall from their lips, cursing himself over and over as a form of mental torture.

(I really relate with Shiki and Tsuguya in these moments, and I just want to say:
you are spectacular! you may look, sound, act or be different from those around you, but what always matters is how you view yourself. Love ya'll! <3)