Good News and Bad News

A/N: These are coming quickly, let's hope it's not a fluke XD

______________________________

Harry wakes up excited for the trip to Digon Alley – he really wants more of those Whizzing candies that make him float – before remembering that Dad won't take him to the interviews about him anymore. He's not that upset, not when he thinks of how mean the lady from the last interview was. Thinking about the day before does remind him to look in the mirror to check if his hair's any curlier like Mr Wright said, but it kind of looks the same to him even when he wishes it didn't, and his eyes are still the same dark green as always.

It's not fair , he thinks.

Hermione has her mom's hair and Draco's eyes are just like his dad's, but Harry doesn't have anything to tell anyone who looks at him that he has a family now. He'd been glad to have nothing that made him look like the Dursleys, but now that it's about Mr Wright, he doesn't think a different eye colour is too much to ask from magic . He thinks he'd look just fine with light blue eyes, a bit like-

Oh!

A bit like what he sees in the mirror right then, eyes widening in surprise before blinking to check if they didn't go back to being green, but they don't. Instead, they stay the same greyish light blue he remembers Mr Wright having, and he can only grin at the mirror before running out of the room to show his dad.

That doesn't really go as planned, and he tries not to be upset or fidget much while Ms Dahlia kneels in front of where he's sitting on the living room couch and stares like he's some sort of experiment from his science class.

"It should be just another bout of accidental magic," She tells them, "though self-transfiguration is quite uncommon... Well, a finite should do it, wouldn't want the muggles questioning it."

Harry doesn't even get to say anything before she pulls out her wand and waves it at him, frowning a little after. He knows he's frowning right back too, he wants to keep the blue eyes, but she's not wrong that people at school would ask about it since they pay a lot more attention than his old teachers and he actually talks to his classmates now that his cousin isn't there to bully everyone away from him.

"Is something wrong?" Mr Wright asks, stepping closer and standing right behind Ms Dahlia.

"I'm not entirely sure," Ms Dahlia waves her wand a few more times and a few coloured lights – spells – hit him, looking like the ones from that first examination she did. "No variations of the finite seem to be working, but I can't diagnose any third-party charms either. Are you wearing anything different from yesterday, Harry?"

"I'm not," he shakes his head, he's even still in pyjamas since he'd been so excited to show Dad their matching eyes he'd forgotten to change beforehand.

"When did this happen, exactly?" She asks, and then they're both looking at him.

"Few minutes ago," Harry replies, "was lookin' in the mirror and then they were blue."

"Hm," She sends a few more spells at him before putting the wand away again, "I need you to try something for me. Can you close your eyes, Harry?" He closes them with a nod, "Good, I want you to think about looking in the mirror and how your eyes usually look. Don't open them, but can you imagine the colour they used to be?"

"Mhm," he nods again, remembering how his eyes match the colour of one of his favourite jackets. He figures it's not a bad colour, and he doesn't want to make trouble for his dad, so he should probably figure out how to make them green again.