29.Six Months of The Rose and The Cigarette

Many of you have been asking about my update schedule. I usually update within 8-15 days (when I'm usual)

⚠️Mention of self harm.

Don't forget to Vote and especially drop your comments.

Rhea's povI could slither into the dark shadows, I've enough sources for that but I wouldn't

Rhea's pov
I could slither into the dark shadows, I've enough sources for that but I wouldn't. I know Aarav. I know my brother. If he could hunt down those who assaulted me years back then he would hunt me down too as I again fucked up with his wife.

My legs dangled on the edge of the bed as my torso laid flat on the mattress. I matched my gaze with the ceiling fan, watching it rotating at its highest potential.

Remorse. It is something I never let take hold of me. But aren't we all fooling someone or the other ? I've been fooling myself all this time.

I've pretended that emotions don't matter. I've pretended I can dominate them. For all these years I've been living under its mercy, trying to evade it. But all this time, I've been striving to get away from the fear of getting crushed by it.

So pathetic.

Upon that, what pricked me was the fear of losing my brother. The remorse that would be brought down on him because I fuck up every time had me keeping everything hidden in the quagmire.

And now it's all over. I've lost the only thing that was always more important than anything. Even more important than stringently chasing after the stereotypical concept of normalcy or prevailing over the person I was obsessed with.

My impulsive decisions had always brought an invitation for doom for me. And here I'm, entangled in my own mess.

How fucking much I drank that got me so desperate to hurt Aarav ?

Karma is actually a bitch and I'm about to get my ass bitten by it.

Anyway I'm not going down alone. I'm going to mark myself as the personal downfall of my parents. They can eat shit for all I care. They never understood me and I don't want to understand them. This day was sure to come and I've kept my arms prepared for it.

I can't get hold of the company's authority then neither will my parents. Even their part of share or Ritika's part of share won't let them hold over the authority in their clutches.

I'm not lovable that the shareholders will pass over their shares to me. But there's always a loophole. A secret, a nerve that everyone tries to safeguard. And I've been tracking after that for years so that I can strike on it at the moment of call.

A weird noise pulled me out of my thoughts. The fan has now begun to spin with a strange sound. My lips curled into a relentless grin and I stared hard at the fan above my head wiggling strangely. Tampering with the wires wasn't that hard, now was it ?

Striving to meld my mind into impassiveness, I tried to dart my focus on the warm and fresh crimson liquid dripping through my wrist. While I kept my eyes zeroed at the fan, my body still.