Fang, Janet and Leon

Janet POV
"Come on, sweetie, don't ruin your education just because of him! That bully will get what he deserves one day," my adoptive dad, Stu, tried to talk me into going to school.

I pulled the blanket further above my head, mumbling, "I doubt it. His family is so prestigious anyways, they're top-level government agents. And his dad is a good friend of our principal Dr Rosa. He'll never get the punishment he deserves."

"Janet?" My younger sister Bonnie asked from the door, "Are you okay?"

I wiped my tears away, assuring her, "Yes, yes, Bonnie. I'm good. You need to get ready for school too."

"I assume by the 'too' you're still going?" Stu asked hopefully.

I nodded and said, "Fang may be terrible, but I think I can still handle him. And plus, I...I...don't want to disappoint Leon." I blushed with the last confession.

Why? Well, Leon was my only friend in school, apart from Bonnie. He was also my roommate since two years ago, and thank goodness it hadn't changed this year. He was also my longtime crush, and I had been trying to confess my feelings for him a hundred times, but never had the courage to.

So I was glad to see him again when I pushed open the door of A0735, my dorm room, and saw him lying on the bed and waiting for me.

"Hey, Janet!" He gave me a wave as he pushed himself up. But his expression turned more serious as he asked me, "I thought you said you weren't coming to school this year, because of that jerk Fang."

I told him, "Stu told me to go anyways. And plus, I think I can survive my last year. With...your help, of course."

My mind added, "Plus, I had to see you again," causing me to lose track of what he was saying.

"Janet? You there?" His melodic voice pulled me out of my mental haze. I snapped back to attention as I asked, "Huh? What?"

"I was asking what subjects you've got this year," Leon held up a timetable on his desk.

I grabbed a sealed yellow envelope from my own desk, pulling out the timetable. "Huh." Was all I had to say.

"About the same as last year," I murmured, "Except I now have an additional subject of Ecology. What about you?"

Leon showed his timetable to me, causing me to gasp. "That's a lot of lessons."

"Yeah, I took up three additional subjects this year. I really want to be able to become an engineer, like I always wanted. That's why this year, I'm finally able to take Computer Studies, Robotics and Engineering Basics!"

"That's so cool!" I agreed, my eyes focused on the way he spoke so passionately. This was the main problem with talking to Leon...I always got so distracted and didn't hear what he said or come up with stupid responses or...

"Well, it's time to go for dinner." Leon told me. "Where do you feel like going?"

"How about the 270 Cafe?" I suggested, "Fang nerve goes there."

"Okay," Leon agreed. And so we left the safety of our dorm and headed towards the lifts at the end of the Alpha Block. But, my luck that day must have been crap, because three familiar figures came before me.

One had raven-black hair, slit eyes, long bangs and a scarf wrapped around his neck, even when it was warm. Of course, the temperature right now was negative 10, but we were used to that. So it was still a bold fashion statement.

The second was a dark-haired female, who was blowing bubblegum and staring at us lazily, her bat resting by her waist. And the last was the one I hated most; he had midnight hair, a crooked smirk, tanned skin, a bag of popcorn in his right hand and a pair of expensive sneakers wrapping his feet snugly.

"Janet," He snarled.