It's Beginning

Fang POV
I woke up in the sick bay, where I immediately remembered my hazy dream about Janet. Looks like...I liked Janet now. And when I stared at Bibi, who sat opposite, smiling at me as she left, I no longer felt the sparks.

Looks like it was getting real.

But things were going to get so much more real, so much more scary, and so much worse in the next moments.

And now those horrible times I hoped wouldn't come were going to make their appearance, and change our world forever.

Janet POV
I was rushing for lessons when an alarm sounded across the whole school and someone shrieked through the announcement system, "RETROPOLIS SOLDIERS ARE COMING TOWARDS US! THE RETROPOLIS WAR HAS BEGUN, AND IT IS BEST TO EVACUATE FOR YOUR SAFETY!"

Everyone was silent for a moment, unable to comprehend what they had heard and shocked to the very core. Then an eruption of panicked screams echoed out from everywhere as everyone fled in random directions. I stood rooted to the spot, unable to think until I spotted a series of warriors on the horizon.

"They're coming," came the collective whisper from those who were still around.

Shelling were raining all around us, and building collapsed, people shrieked, and others were injured as rubble fell everywhere, screams continued to ring out, fire blazed and the hours of dark chaos began.

"This is it," I gasped. "The time in my memory...It was the Retropolis war..."

I barely thought of anything else before a crack resounded behind me and I felt myself pinned by a powerful weight.

It's a Retropolis solider, I realised too late. And the pain in my leg intensified as my mind faded to black.

Leon POV
The Retropolis war had just begun. The time in my memory. This wasn't good...

"Jessie? Janet? EMZ?" I shouted through the chaos. Please, let there be a friendly face here who can help me...

No. The battle had already spread to the middle of the school, and swords were clashing loudly and groans, screams everywhere. There was a mass of bodies everywhere, already dead. Mixed between Brawltopian warriors, Retropolis ones and school students.

As the fires raged around me, and battle continued, I decided to hide somewhere where I would be safe. So I ran to the secret basement and hid, hoping that nobody would find me before I could escape.

Jessie POV
"Please, help!" I screamed as two Retropolis soldiers, wielding swords, chased after us. I dropped Scrapoy, but he was killed instantly. And my electric rifle had been cut into pieces. All I had now was my friend Samantha, who was running after me in attempt to escape from them.

"No!" I screamed. A dead end. The evil grins on their faces widened as they closed in, their sharp weapons glinting with the lust for murder.

"It's too late for me," Samantha shouted, blasting me off the balcony with a gust of wind. "This will bring you to safety."

"NO!" I screamed in terror. But I had already been whisked away, and one of the villains stabbed their blade into her body, and she collapsed, hacking out blood before she finally fell silent.

"No..." I whispered before I touched onto the ground in front of the basement. "No..."

Then I swore, "I will destroy all of you...just to give her justice."

Another series of warriors, Brawltopian and Retropolis, suddenly rushed late, almost seeing me. A trail of carnage was all around, and I decided to take shelter before I was caught and killed.

But when I opened the basement door, somebody leaped on me and tackled me.

We were fighting hard before I realised, "Leon?"

And he replied, "Jessie?"