Dual Wars (Pt. 3)

Leon POV
"Everything alright, Janet?" I asked as I stepped into the room, looking at her collapsed form on her bed.

"No...no..." was all she said.

"If it helps, your video-plan-thing really made a giant difference!" I too her, trying to cheer her up. "Everybody saw it, started to realise what that monster Fang did to you, and now, a lot of them have switched sides, and they want to help you! Seriously, in the cafeteria, EMZ and Jessie are riling them up about helping you and starting a new war against Fang to punish him for everything he did."

Janet didn't seem to be listening, so I sat on the edge of her bed and told her quietly, "Janet, I can tell something's wrong. The fact that your plan worked out should be making you dance across the room right now, celebrating, but instead you're lying on this bed, staring at the ceilings blankly, cheeks flushed, not moving at all."

Janet suddenly curled up into a ball, tears forming on her cheek as she sobbed, "I don't know what's happening, Leon. My feelings are spiking all over the place, I've suddenly got a new liking for someone, making me confused, and...these visions and dreams keep on coming to me, paining me and bringing unfamiliar scenes in. They're talking about betrayals, wars, enemies, new friends, love...it's all...too...complicated. And I'm tired of this. Especially this dual war."

I wanted to help, but when Janet said the words "dual war", it triggered an avalanche in my mind as everything rumbled powerfully, a blast of dust flying everywhere. And when the cloud faded, some sort of scene took its place.

This must be the dreams Janet keeps on talking about...I realised with a jolt.

Destruction everywhere. The six of us surveyed the chaos in horror. Carnage was everywhere, debris and rubble lining the streets, and the school completely collapsed. But what sparked the fury in my heart and eyes was the figure standing at the centre of this arena, watching the red light of the setting sun slowly fade into night.

She was the one.

The traitor.

She caused all this, caused us to lose so many friends, so many acquaintances, everyone we knew, thousands we didn't know. She caused us to lose the one who had turned the tides.

Red-hot rage burned in my veins, threatening to explode at any second. But I kept it together. Silenced it and waited for the opportune moment to let it burst out. When it could deal the most damage. Our city's soldiers may have fallen. But so had theirs. And now, while she thought she was the only one standing in this area, letting the other battles rage far behind her, far behind us, we would destroy her. We would make sure she regretted every decision she had ever made.

"Ready?" I whispered to the rest, pulling out my handcuffs. They each raised the blood-smeared weapons we had obtained and answered, "Ready."

I called on my power and disappeared from sight.

Time to trust each other.

Time to let go of pain.

Time to unleash our fury.

Time to destroy her.

Time to fight for our broken world and save it, once and for all.