𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈

CHAPTER I

Crowded room!

❄︎

"AURORA, ARE YOU LISTENING?" Lilith Silver asked her daughter, who only caught a glimpse of it with all the sound in the ballroom.

"Sorry mother what were you saying?"

Her mother rolled her eyes and asked her again.

"I was saying, why aren't you with Cardan?"

Aurora looked around looking for the boy, "well he's probably occupied I'll see him later" she said.

"Alright, well you can stay on your own, I'm going to go talk with some old friends" before Aurora could respond to her mother, she was already gone.

The blonde girl looked around, searching for her friend, but her eyes stopped on a familiar figure. Jude Duarte, who was with her sisters, Taryn and Vivienne.

"Aurora, I was looking for you"

she diverted her gaze from Jude to look at the person who talked to her, she was met with Cardan, his eyes underlined with khol, wearing a long black coat with a high collar with an irregular edge, entirely embroidered with constellations.
Behind him stood Nicasia, Valerian and Locke, all dressed as fancy as him. She diverted her gaze from them, answering to Cardan.
"Well I was looking for you too,but I didn't see you, so I figured you were occupied"

Cardan hummed, taking in her appearance, "you look beautiful tonight" he said before taking a sip of his wine,

"Oh well, thank you, you don't look too bad yourself" she said with a small smile

"Are we going to stand  here and do nothing, or...?" Nicasia, said with her usual smirk.

"Yes, you're right, what shall we do?" The white haired girl said.

"I don't know, just walk around the ballroom, I just don't want to stand doing nothing" the blue haired girl said.

Cardan took Aurora's arm, as Locke took Nicasia's, they started to walk across the ballroom, everyone letting them pass, and bowed to Cardan. Cardan stopped brutally in front of a boy with copper hair and a pair of moth wings, he didn't bowed to him like the other, instead he laughed. Without a warning, Cardan lunged and struck the boy across his jaw, before breaking his fragile moth wings. A piercing scream echoed in the ballroom, as the boy fell into the floor, it was clear that he was in pain, even Aurora felt bad for him. Soon enough everyone went back to their previous activities, as Cardan dropped the wing on the floor.
Cardan took back her hand as he continued to walk, she saw Locke helping the poor boy standing up, before winking at someone, she didn't knew who he winked at and didn't even wanted to know, she knew how Locke was, a player he played with girls like toys.
Like how he had played with Nicasia, well she did warned her, she was the one who didn't listened, and broke Cardan's heart along. After that, her and Nicasia were distant, Aurora was mad at Nicasia, for hurting Cardan that way, she was the  one comforting Cardan when Nicasia broke his heart, and he was her best friend of course she was mad at Nicasia. She did felt bad for Nicasia too, but she had warned, she should've have listened.

"Daydreaming aren't we?" She heard Locke said to her.

"What no, I was not, I was just merely thinking" she said calmly, feeling Cardan's grip on her hand tightening for some reason.

Locke looked at her in though, "hm, if you say so" he said before diverting his gaze from her.

She looked around the Ballroom, here eyes stopping in her mother talking to Oriana, Madoc's wife, she frowned, she didn't knew her mother was friend with Oriana, well her mother was friend with a lot of person, so she shrugged it off.
She diverted her gaze from her mother. Feeling someone's gaze one her she turned around meeting Jude's eyes, for some reason she wasn't able to divert her gaze from her.

"Oh the mortal" she heard Cardan said as he looked at Jude.

"Why are you looking at her?" He asked. She diverted her gaze from Jude quickly.

"What- no, she was the one looking at me, why would I look at this filthy mortal." Well it's not a lie

Cardan looked at her strangely, before shrugging it off, and taking his glass to his lips, he fore he was able to, Aurora took the glass in her hand drinking all of the wine.

"Hey? Why was that for? You don't like drinking" he said annoyed,

"you already had enough anyways" she said putting back the now empty glass in his hands with a smirk. Before Cardan could protest, Aurora went toward her mother who was now with king Eldred.
Noticing her they both stop talking.

"Oh Aurora, you look ravishing tonight," king Eldred told her with a smile

"she does doesn't she" her mother said with a polite smile,

"Thank you..." Aurora said with a smile,Before The king could say anything else, Lilith smiled and spoke.

"Well, Eldred, it is my cue to leave, me and Aurora will leave, I'll see you soon" she said with a smile.

"Oh yes, of course, well it was a pleasure to see you, Aurora, and I'll see you soon Lilith" he said with a polite smile.

Lilith took her daughter's hand leading her to the entrance of the castle, entering their carriage.
"Why did you want to leave?" Aurora asked her mother, "it was getting boring," her mother said shrugging it off.
Aurora nodded not pushing further. The rest of the ride to their manor, was silent as they both looked out the window silently.

❄︎❄︎❄︎❄︎

ܫܫܫܫܫܫܫܫܫܫܫܫܫܫܫ

I FINISHED THE FIRST CHAPTERRRRRR
IM SO HAPPY
i know its shot sorry, i will try to make longer chapters in the future, hope you enjoyed, 🙂‍↔️