Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Cam will now be referred to as Yuechan

Yuechan sat in the carriage across from her brother. Over the last two months her mother-in-law Lu Jiayi had done her best to educate her in everything from manners to how to manage household issues. Funny enough Yuechan hadn't had a hard time seeing as she'd taken leadership classes and had a knack communication, and had been planning on working with logistics when she'd finally signed up to serve.

So, managing the staff, calculating the books and directing all types of personalities hadn't been hard. The hard part was the bowing and scraping that came along with it, but she wasn't going to rush to tell people not to bow or kneel. If she did, they probably think she was easy and could dance on her head.

Her reading had made it clear no matter what class someone fell in, they were humans and humans always had a way of turning bad when given an inch. She wasn't pessimistic but it would be better to have some distance before pulling them into her trust.

The only thing she'd run into problem was Lu Jiayi trying to give creams and potions to lighten her skin. No, thank you. She liked her melanin, what beauty standards?

To be honest she'd expected her skin to lighten over all this time, but it would look like the gods had allowed her to carry her coloring over. And may have something to do with the light birthmark of a wing on her wrist.

"Sister, are you nervous?"

Yuechan looked up at her little brother who was clean, a little bit less skinny smiling. "I guess a little. It will be my first time meeting my fiancé."

Shoi-ming nodded his little head, his little ponytail bouncing up and down. Unlike her, he'd loss some of his tan and his wide eyes were cute holding his black pupils that were filled with trust.

She'd been nervous meeting this easily adopted little brother but the minute she'd seen her heart melt into a pool of softness. The little boy tried to protect her and asked her a million questions, and clung to every word she said. She had to fight hugging him all the time.

Even now, she felt his serious expression and cute dark blue robes he wore with a few tassels that hung down from his belt made him cute.

"Don't worry, sister I'll be right beside you. We can be nervous together," he pronounced lifting his chest. "I'm going to be protected you no matter how fierce my brother-in-law is."

"Is that so, then will you carry me away if he's bad?"

"Yes," he said blowing his cheeks up.

"Okay, big sister will trust in you."

They continued on in this vein when the carriage came to a stop.

"Miss, we've arrived at the Lu estate."

The door was opened and Yuechan reached out and took the hands and stepped down from the carriage. Looking up she read the elaborate sign and then looked to the side, seeing no one aside from the staff she smiled. "It looks like the rest of the Lu family isn't interested in welcoming me."

The servant who still hold her hand stiffened at her words. He'd heard about this Miss from those at the country estate and knew she was far more intelligent than they'd assumed her to be.

"I-I, they may have not received the message of your arrival."

"Well, I can see from this the attitude those of the Lu branch families have for those of the main family in their time of need." She turned around, and stepped back into the carriage. "Shoi-Ming, we will not be staying here let us stay at an inn."