Chapter Four

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Four

Yuechan

Yuechan spent her time wandering about her space and gathering ingredients from her large yard

Yuechan spent her time wandering about her space and gathering ingredients from her large yard. Organizing things to be used for food at a later time. She wasn't sure how she, and the Lu family that were being exiled would be treated. Prior to today, she'd aready made stew and frozen it in many baggies.

She'd gone with making her grandmothers beef stew, followed by kimchi stew and then she'd made oxtail soup. Large amounts she then froze in large plastic baggies so they could pull them our and boil it as they traveled. Not only that she'd used YouTube to watch how to make bread from scratch and made a few loaves to be frozen as well.

The better prepared she was, the better she could navigate the long travel to the south.

No matter how she'd questioned Madame Lu Jiayi she couldn't get a full answer when it came to the arrangements they made for it. But, Yuechan wasn't nervous since anytime she wanted to run she could. Even with her brother, she was sure she could keep them well fed and not to mention...

She exited the kitchen and headed into the living room. Approaching a seemingly blank wall she placed her hand on a hand indent that was carved into it. The door flashed before it vanished and upon entry she found rows of large chest that were opened with their riches displayed.

A bitter feeling hit her, when she remembered Old man Lu bragging about all the gold his family had managed to keep hidden from his government through upheaval, invasion and tribulations. When he'd showed her his treasure trove she'd only thought of the people who'd sacrificed so much to hold on to their legacy from the gold pieces to the jade bracelets, beautifully carved gold bangles. Large swathes of silk had been hung up behind glass covers. Bridal veils that had been worn by the Lu Brides.

Walking over to one, she gently brushed a hand down the frame. Chuckling to herself when she remembered the grumpy old man insisting she'd wear his deceased wives veil. He'd been especially grumpy when she said she'd be wearing a white, western gown to her wedding.