CHAPTER 42: Mental Attacks

The blade of the sword gleamed as it was raised overhead. Frantic screams and shouts exploded from the adventurers. Before the weapon could fall, a four-legged ball of fluff appeared in a blur motion. Two rows of sharp teeth chomped down onto the youth's hand.

"Guaghhhhh! What the hell?" he roared out in pain, his weapon dematerializing in the same beat.

He shook his arm in a desperate attempt to unlatch the feral beast, but it absolutely refused to let go. He spun around, he forcefully slammed the creature into a desk, and he yelled, but nothing worked.

It was only after one of his companions pulled a dagger did Zephyr relinquish his hold and retreated into Daisuke's clothes. After angrily chugging a potion, the snob and his party promptly confronted the owner of the savage beast.

"You bastard! You've got some nerve!" the tank of the group, which was obvious by his large frame, exclaimed. "Who do you think you are, huh?"

"Have you any idea who you're dealing with?" a female mage added with a scowl. "This is Osten, a member of the Dragonsbane guild."

CHENG!

Osten placed his armored foot atop the bench just inches away from where Daisuke sat. He propped his elbow upon his knee and openly leered. "You have some nerve letting your shitty dog attack me like that," he began, his calm tone betraying the rage that boiled inside of him. "How do you plan to compensate me for this brazen assault?"

Daisuke remained silent. He didn't even cast his gaze in Osten's general direction. And the class knew exactly what would follow; because Osten's anger thickened to the point where it was almost palpable.

"Bring it out," Osten demanded darkly. "If you let me kill that mangy dog of yours, I'll consider letting this whole thing slide."

The entire room held their breath.

Daisuke continued to ignore them.

Finally, Osten snapped, his face red with fury. His armor clanked as he raised his arm, intent on backhanding the insolent bastard so hard the entire front row of his teeth would go flying.

At that moment, for the first time since the dispute began, Daisuke turned and acknowledged their existence. But it wasn't in a positive light. His eyes widened, the Eye of Verity making his pupils seem to ignite, and a dark and threatening energy rolled off his body like a toxic miasma.

Osten stumbled back, him and his two lackeys recoiling in fear—the entire class did. For a moment, everyone and everything was still, until Osten fell on his behind and broke the deafening silence.

DING!

[The active skill «Intimidate» has been acquired.]

[Intimidate]

Rank: Rare

Classification: Active Skill

Lvl: 1

Proficiency: 0%

The path to becoming a warrior yields many benefits.

Skill Effect:

▪︎ By exerting your aura, you possess the ability to instill paralyzing fear in targets whose Stats are weaker than your own.

Mana Cost: None

Skill Cooldown: None

Daisuke visualized drooping dog ears and a tail tucked between their legs as Osten and his party shamefully retreated to find seats. Amidst the class's excited chatter, the trio that had been targeted approached—a male and female Beastkin, accompanied by a youth garbed in a healer's gown.