Chapter Seven

Arnav:

As I made love to Kali, I remembered the past.

Upon my return home after the wedding, my uncle and aunt greeted me with questioning eyes.

"Arnav, what's going on? What are you planning?" Uncle inquired.

"Don't fret, I'll handle her," I reassured him.

"Arnav, why did you abandon her at the altar? She's your wife now, and all this was planned by you," Aunt voiced her concern.

"No need to worry, Aunt. Kali will come here. She won't easily break this bond," I responded confidently.

"And what if she discovers the truth?" Uncle asked.

"I'll make her understand the situation before that happens," I assured him.

"But Kali isn't one to listen to anyone. She truly loves you, but if she finds out that you were the mastermind behind everything, she won't be able to handle it. Her anger might lead her to make rash decisions," Aunt warned.

"I understand. I know Kali better than anyone else. Beneath her tough exterior, there's a girl longing for love and compassion. I'm sure she'll get everything she lost in her childhood because of me," I said, just as I heard Kali's car pull up, halting our conversation.

Kali entered my home, now as my wife. A small smile of joy crept into my eyes, unnoticed by Kali.

"Arnav..."

"Don't say a word. You married me without my consent. I will never accept you as my wife. Leave," I retorted, signaling my aunt to intervene.

I'm sorry, Kali. I'm staging this drama to make you accept me. If I tell the truth about my past relationship with you, you would never forgive me. You would hate me forever for turning your childhood into a nightmare. I cannot change the past, but now I will do everything I can to keep you happy and safe from any pervert.

"Arnav, she's your wife now. Whether you accept it or not, she will live here," Aunt declared.

"But I will never accept her as my wife," I reiterated, noticing the fleeting pain in her eyes before she quickly hid it.

It was becoming much difficult for me to be harsh with Kali. But I knew why I was doing this. I needed to end this drama for now and let her into the house before she got hurt and reacted in anger.

"Arnav, calm down. Everything happens for a reason. Now that she's your wife, give her a chance to earn your love. Give her six months, and if she can't convince you, then ask her to leave," Uncle suggested, and I turned to look at Kali.

Her wide eyes, quivering lips, soft cheeks, and bridal attire were already driving me crazy. Kali, you are my love. Not now, but I will never leave you alone. The moment you discover the truth, you might despise me for being indirectly responsible for your troubled childhood.

"Alright, but she must prove that she's worthy of me," I stated, setting a ridiculous condition, knowing full well that once she discovered the truth, this apple beauty would transform into a ticking bloody bomb.

"I will do that," Kali responded immediately, as if she didn't want to lose me.

I caught her gaze once, and I could see the tears her eyes held back and the sleepless nights where those eyes were wide open, suspecting even the closed walls. Kali, I would do anything to provide the peace and love you crave. I promise you. I took a deep breath, aware of her thoughts and the truth hidden behind her facade of strength and resilience.

I signaled to Aunt to comfort her and offer her support, as I couldn't do that at the moment. If I didn't have a past to deal with, I would love to take this angel into my arms. Everyone sees her as a domineering girl who's obsessed with me, but I knew why she loved me. All she needs is love and a family. She's obsessed with me, but her love for me is deep.

A girl who was forced to handle everything from childhood couldn't show her feminine side to anyone. Though it's challenging, I'm confident that I can awaken her feminine side and make her fall in love with me. I'm here to accept her boldness, vulnerability, pain, anger, and strength. I don't need a submissive girl who agrees to my every command. I need a girl who's bold enough to correct me and stand up for herself. And Kali is that girl for me. She's strong, yet a delicate rose.

I unlocked my phone and browsed through the gallery to find her childhood picture. She appeared so pure and endearing. I was well aware that anyone acquainted with Kali would scoff at my description, for she could extinguish a life in second without a shred of remorse. Yet, I insist on her innocence, because I know her authentic self.

Who are we to dictate that a woman should embody gentleness, sensitivity, and kindness? Gentle and serene, allowing others to toy with her emotions. Sensitive enough to react to the pain of undeserving fools. Kind, even when faced with toxicity. And these traits are deemed as the epitome of femininity. Nonsense!

In my view, a woman should be as intimidating as possible, capable of defending herself against anyone who dares to disrupt her life. She should possess the ability to attain what she desires. She should command respect and instill a sense of awe in everyone around her. I adore Kali for her true self and her unique persona. She is breathtakingly beautiful, with her blazing eyes and the revolver in her hand, a symbol of justice and a weapon against injustice.

In the quiet of our bedroom, Kali stood there, her saree draped elegantly for our wedding night. As I closed the door, her lips trembled slightly, and her fingers clung to the glass. I sensed her nervousness, the weight of our impending wedding night. So, I whispered that I wanted to take time, just to allow her to adjust to this new chapter in our lives.

Later, in the stillness of midnight, I found her tossing and turning. Was it trauma? A nightmare? I couldn't tell. But I pulled her close, enfolding her in my arms. She settled, slipping back into a deep sleep. How much had she endured, battling her own loneliness while becoming a beacon of hope for others?

I pressed a gentle kiss to her forehead, careful not to disturb her slumber. Our journey together had just begun, and I vowed to be her strength, as she had been for so many others.

Hi readers, how's the episode? So, Arnav already knew Kali in the past. And he loves her. Why did he put up an act of hating her will be revealed in the next chapter. Now let's see how Kalki would bring a storm in their happy, peaceful and loving relationship and what would Arnav and Kali do to save their bonding. Vote and comment to encourage author to write more. It just takes a second of your time to vote while an author takes 3 hours to write a chapter - planning the scene, dialogues, writing, editing and so on. Hope you understand author's hardwork.