14

"If everyone's happy with those expectations, I think we're done." Dan smiled at us. "Does everything sound alright to you, Lucas?"

"It sounds perfect." I beamed

"Amazing, when were you guys thinking of leaving?" He asked

"Pretty soon, we were planning on getting lunch then hitting the road." Alexander answered.

"Alright then, I can show you to the canteen to have lunch while I get Lucas's things from the bedroom." Dan packed away the filled out paperwork.

"Perfect." All three of my mates spoke at once, making my giggle.

True to his word, Dan took us to the canteen and spoke to a member of kitchen staff ,who set two trays of food up for us before leaving towards the bedroom. One tray held two plates with large pieces of chicken on them a long with vegetables and rice. It was a huge amount of food, especially compared to the other tray. It also held two plates, one plastic with a much smaller portion of the same food and one with a bit more food on a normal plate. Both trays also had drinks. On the first were two bottles of water, whilst the second had a sippy cup filled with the same formula I drank that morning and a bottle containing a dark red liquid.

We chose a table, and Caleb distributed the food and put the trays to the side. He took the more normal portion whilst placing the fuller plates in front of the others. Caleb also took the red bottle and set my sippy cup and plate in front of me.

Sebastian chuckled when he saw my baffled looks to the plates and bottle. "Werewolves have to eat a lot more to keep up with our metabolism. And I think you'll find that Calebs is drinking blood."

"Yep," Caleb confirmed after taking a sip. "Vampires have to drink blood to keep them healthy."

We ate our meals whilst making small talk. I learned about Alexander and Caleb's pack. It was called Oaken Claw, and it worked closely with other packs to maintain strong relationships and facilitate the exchange of resources. I also learned more about where Sebastian was from. He hadn't been part of a pack since he left home at 18 but had set up shop as a freelance graphic designer after college.

I told them about the college course I had taken and let them look through my sketchbook. They praised the drawing, and I blushed but loved the feeling it gave me.

After a while, we finished eating, their plates were empty whilst mine still had about half the rice and a third of the chicken, but I'd drank all my sippy cup. During the meal, I'd begun to slip.

As Sebastian collected the dishes, Dan returned with my bag and another.

"I packed a few clothes, some pull-ups, and some of his formula just in case. Do you have a car seat already? " He handed the bags to Alexander.

"Yep, all set up and ready to go. We should probably make a move if we don't want to get back too late."

"Alright then, I've got some work that I need to get to, so I'll have to say my goodbyes here."

He bent down to speak to me. "It was so nice to spend time with you, Lucas. Be good for your daddies, OK?"

I frowned as I fully slipped. "I'm gonna miss you, Dan."

"I'll miss you too, buddy." He leant in and hugged me before standing up.

"Oh, wait!" I said excitedly.

I opened my sketchbook and carefully tore out the drawing of Dan, holding it out to him.

"For me?" He asked.

"Uh huh." I nodded as he took it.

"It's beautiful, thank you. I'll hang it on a wall and look at it every day."

He smiled as he waved goodbye and left. Caleb placed a hand on my shoulder as we watched him leave.

"Everyone ready?" Caleb asked.

We all nodded, and I placed my paci in my mouth. Alexander ruffled my hair, making me look up at him.

"Do you want to walk to the car or be carried?"

I answered by reaching my arms towards him. He hoisted me onto his hip and held me close as we began walking out of the building.

Alexander held me closer and took a deep breath, inhaling my scent, before placing me in the carseat. Sebastian sat I'm the back with me whilst Caleb and Alexander sat in the front (Alexander behind the wheel).

As the drive began, I once again felt the movement lulling me to sleep.