eight | sister

It's been a few days since we arrived in Montana and thankfully, the paparazzi still don't know about our whereabouts. Aside from the fact that no one except for Kaia and Cara knows about my getaway home, no one really knew I purchased a property away from the bustling cities like New York and Los Angeles. I've kept my other properties on a very low profile.

Kaia reached out to me a few times, informing me that the Kardashians and Jenners are still not stopping from their project called "Looking for Samantha Hadid" ever since I disappeared from the spotlight. Because as much as I love Kylie, I can't afford to let anyone from her family know that I'm here. I trust her but she's sometimes too clumsy for secrets.

My manager was too scared that they'd find me (knowing Kim's connections) and that they'd ruin my peaceful life outside cameras, so, she sent me some bodyguards and tons of undercover. They already have a clue that I wasn't in California anymore so Kaia's sure they're looking everywhere but there.

"Say cheese!" Bella drags as she instructs Khai to pose with me on her disposable camera.

"Cheese!" I grinned.

The baby looked up at me. Seeing that I was smiling, she also copied it. Bella took a few photos before putting the disposable back in my camera pouch.

"The water's so cold, and so is the weather. I can feel my balls freezing," Anwar mindlessly said when he climbed up to the dock. He was already soaking wet due to the fact that he had been swimming after our long jog around the compound. "Hello, Ka-ka!"

Khai groaned and slapped his finger that was aiming to touch her face.

"Well someone's grumpy to see me!" He amusedly said.

"Or, she simply doesn't like you," I smiled sarcastically, earning a sharp glare. "Ew, Anwar, you smell bad!"

I kicked his feet which caused him to stumble away. He laughed devilishly at my disgusted face, taking some of the watermelon that Amanda nicely prepared for us. He slumped next to Bella, devouring the poor fruit.

"Have you shot your promo pics for Gentle Monster?" He inquired.

"Earlier," I replied and pointed at the rectangular glasses sitting on the bridge of my nose. "I can't believe that I just heard about them. Their glasses are so unique and versatile."

"It's Korean, right?" Bella asked this time. I nodded. "Well, Korean products are just starting to get recognized."

"Well deserve recognition," I nodded.

My phone suddenly rang and it flashed a number that I remember by heart. It was asking for a FaceTime so I quickly answered it with my free hand and smiled at the person on the next line.

"Hey, Baba!" I beamed as I showed him who I was with.

My father smiled, noticing everyone, including Khai. "Hey, babies. Just checking in on my children." He smiled.

"Baba! When are you coming here?" Anwar asked.

"Probably sooner than later," he said. His face fell. "Kaia called me last night that it is too risky if I fly in at such a heated time. I need to be here to at least distract the people."

"That's awful."

"Yeah. But I will be there." He assured us. "By the way, your things are already at your house, Sam. Kendall tried to talk me out of the things that happened but she was quickly pulled out by your guards."