Chapter 37

It was Saturday morning and you managed to eat completely your morning snack and lunch since Thursday, somedays you managed half of your breakfast too. You were waiting anxiously for Dr. Khan after finishing your lunch on Saturday, your mom was sitting by your side:

- "Calm down, sweetie. If you met the conditions, she'll let you go out for 30 minutes. It was the agreement, wasn't it?" She said holding your hand. Once doctor khan showed up in the door you squeezed it tightly, waiting for her to talk.

- "Hello Elizabeth, how are you doing? Ready to go out?" The doctor asked with a smile on her face.

- "Yesss! Thank you" you said hugging your mom. Then quickly added - "Sorry, I was excited. Hello Dr. Khan. I'm fine. What about you?"

- "Don't worry. I know you've been working hard. I'm fine too, thanks for asking Elizabeth" the doctor answered chuckling. Then she added - "30 minutes. No standing up at all. Your mom is pushing the wheelchair, okay?"

- "Got it" you replied and tried to stand up on your own to sit in the wheelchair that Andrea had moved closer to the bed.

- "Take it easy, Elizabeth. Let me help you stand up" Dr. Khan said.

You sat in the wheelchair and went out with your mom pushing you. It was not as sunny as the last time you were able to go out as soon and as you felt the cold air hitting your face you flinched. Your mom noticed and said she was going back to your room to get an extra jacket for you to wear. You accepted and thanked her, but you also got a bit annoyed because that meant losing time from the 30 minutes. Andrea left you with a nurse for 5 minutes on the first floor of the hospital and quickly went to your room to get a jacket and a scarf. You went to the same park as last time but asked your mom to stop in front of a little lake, because you wanted to chat with her.

- "Mom, do you know why is Taylor pulling away from me? At first, I thought it was work related stuff, but I don't know anymore. I feel like something is wrong" you asked.

- "Have you tried reaching out? Texting her?" Your mom asked anxiously, she didn't want you to feel guilty and she knew that this was a conversation you should be having with Taylor, not with her.

-"Mmm. Not really. Not anymore, the first couple of days when she was leaving earlier or getting here later, I texted her at night to ask her how the work stuff went. But then it was more evident that she was pulling away... I mean... I don't want to bother, and I really feel like something is off" you answered.

- "Well, baby. You should talk to her about it, then. Call her or text her, but if you feel like something is not right between the two of you, you should ask her" Andrea suggested.

- "Okay. Thanks mom" you replied feeling worse than before asking her about it. It seemed like she knew something and was not telling you about it. You felt like she was hiding something from you. However, you decided to finish enjoying your time out and to worry about that later when you were back in the hospital. While outside a bunch of butterflies flied around you and your mom, then one landed on your nose and another on your hand. Andrea took out her phone to snap a picture of you with the butterflies and she sent it to Taylor with the caption "Lizzie at the park today" She then added the following text "Lizzie's been asking about you pulling away from her. She will probably ask you about it. See you home. Love you, mom".

Taylor was working with Tree in Tree's house when her phone buzzed with the notification of Andrea's text. They were arranging dates for some commitments Taylor was invited to, a couple of panels and other interviews. Taylor picked her phone up and saw your picture, her eyes filled with tears and as soon as Tree noticed, she closed her laptop to take care of Taylor.