Chapter 38

Taylor woke up in the early morning with a knot in her stomach and throat. She went downstairs to get some water and stayed in the living room reading until she fell asleep again at about 7am and Andrea found her at 8:30am when she woke up, it was Sunday.

- "Sweetie, what are you doing here? Did you spend the night on the couch?" Andrea asked.

Taylor opened her tired eyes and answered: - "No, I just couldn't sleep and came downstairs for some water. I sat down here; I must have fallen asleep. I'll go and get ready."

Taylor quickly got up and ran upstairs. She showered and threw on some comfy joggers and a cropped T-shirt. She grabbed her stuff and prepared to get out to buy flowers for you on the way to the hospital. Andrea quickly stopped her.

- "Aren't you going to have breakfast? Come on, sit down" Your mom said.

Taylor grunted and walked to the dining table in the kitchen. Andrea prepared some avocado toasts with fruit and a coffee for Taylor. Taylor picked up her fork and pinched an apple, but it was taking long for Taylor to eat. After 10 minutes in which Taylor had just eaten 3 slices of apple and two bites of one of the toasts, Andrea spoke up:

- "What's wrong? You don't like it?"

- "No. It's great, I do like it. I'm just not that hungry" Taylor shrugged and bit another piece of toast but zoned out and put down the toast again. - "Thank you, mom, but I can't physically eat anymore. I'm full up."

- "Tay, you haven't eaten even half of your breakfast. You're anxious about the conversation with Lizzie. Am I right?" Your mom asked.

- "Maybe... but I can't eat anymore, this hasn't anything to do with that" Taylor replied.

- "We both know it does" Andrea said.

- "Whatever. Thank you for the breakfast, I'm leaving" Taylor said standing up, but Andrea gave her a killing look that froze her.

- "Sit down and eat more. Seriously." Your mom said with a straight face.

I'm not joking" Andrea said, and Taylor obediently sat down until she finished the fruit, one of the toasts and drank her coffee. She looked at Andrea anguished.

- "Can I leave now, please?" Taylor begged your mom and Andrea nodded. Taylor grabbed her things and left.

Right after Taylor left Andrea texted Tree: "Hey Tree! How are you? Taylor just left to visit Lizzie, but breakfast was hard for her. I don't know if it was only because of the anxiety, but I feel like we need to keep an eye on this. I think she's struggling with food and body image heavily again. I know the doctor said she was fine and she's going to therapy, but I feel like she's not over this slip".

Taylor drove to the hospital, pulled up to buy a bouquet of flowers and then continued to her destination. When she got to the hospital, she breathed deep and started to walk to the main entrance. You were in your room with the paint by numbers painting in the table ready so you could paint with Taylor, you stopped painting since Taylor stopped coming, it was the thing you did together, so you were waiting for her. Once Taylor appeared in the door your lifeless eyes lit up.

- "Tay! I've missed you so much?" You said cheerfully and waiting for her to get closer so you could hug her. She approached and she could see your big smile in your sunken face.

- "I've missed you too baby!" She said handing you the flowers.

- "Thank you so much. I love having flowers in here. Look, I haven't painted anything since the last time you were here. I was waiting for you" you said showing her the painting excited, Taylor's heart broke but she smiled trying not to give her pain away. You continued: - "How's work? How's everything doing?"