CHAPTER ZERO |:| PROLOGUE

P R O L O G U E

There were a lot of "we were supposed to be"s, just like there were a lot of "what if"s. It was an unspoken contract.

1. We were supposed to be "best friends forever" until we grew old.

2. We were supposed to be by each other's side, especially in times of need.

3. We were supposed to make each other happy until our bodies were buried in the ground, side by side.

But we didn't.

I can feel hot tears running down on my face, burning my eyes. My face burns, as well, from rubbing away my tears. I cry because of these thoughts of disappointment, but I promise myself that it's going to be the last time I cry because of you.

I'm going to be strong without you. I have to. Suddenly, memories of us together flood through my brain, making me breathless, making me gasp for air.

∞  

A U T H O R ' S   N O T E 

Hey guys, this is a new story that I wrote and I really liked the idea of it -- one where you can read from Chapter 1 to the last chapter or you can read it backwards, from the last chapter to the first one! 

So if you're reading from Chapter 1 and onwards, the story flow is a month after and a year before (or eleven months before) the previous chapter. But if you read from the last chapter (Chapter 12) then Chapter 11, and backwards, it's a month before and a year after. Gets? 

Since the story is already completed, you may want to read it from Chapter 12 (last chapter, year 2004) , then Chapter 11 (year 2003), Chapter 10 (year 2002), all the way to Chapter 1. Chapter 1 will be the present, 2015.

If you want to read it by present to past, read the chapter one (2015) then chapter two (2014), and so on. This way, you'll get to know the reasons behind the futuristic things. You get to know more of the past as you read on more chapters. You may or may not end up dying of cuteness if you read it this way.

I hope you guys will enjoy reading this one! Feel free to comment down below your thoughts, and press Vote if you're feeling generous, it would mean a lot to me :)

Have a great day! 

Questions of the Chapter: (feel free to answer any question or all of them)

1. Does this sound cliche? If yes, what kind of expectations do you have in mind?

2. What do you think happened in the past that made the character feel this way? 

3. Did this ever happened to you?

P.S. neonxmgc makes great covers, just putting it all in there. Oh, and this story is all in Massie Fox's POV.

edited by zeimpalaismypatronus