CHAPTER TWO |:| ROOSTERS' NUMBER ONE

C H A P T E R T W O |:| R O O S T E R S ' N U M B E R O N E

a month after and a year before

January 10, 2014

"You should watch the game tonight!" Heather tells me, right after I come back from holiday.

"You've got to be kidding me. I just came home!" My hands are everywhere because I am a mess right now. At the sight of my bed, my face relaxes and I can already feel my eyes closing.

"Well, you just had an hour drive from home, and there are still four more hours until the game, no biggie," Sapphire, my other roommate, says, earning a high-five from Heather.

It was less than a year ago when we were just three strangers sharing a dorm in a University. After getting to know them, I learned that my roommates planned to live their freshman lives here as fruitfully as possible.

That includes forcing me to join them wherever they go.

"Give me an hour," I say and before I even think of unpacking, I quickly let my body fall on my bed.

∞ 🏨 ∞

"Let's go, ROOSTERS, let's go!" I can hear Sapphire and Heather both chanting as I sip on my coke quietly on the bench. Well, it doesn't really matter how loud I sip my soda because the gymnasium is very loud, considering how ear-piercing the the other team's cheers are.

"I find this whole thing embarrassing. First, roosters; second, you are the only two people standing here cheering for our team, which I must say, is losing at the very moment," I comment, just after the other team shoots the ball, giving themselves another two points. I wince as the other side of the gymnasium screams again.

"Puh-lease, it's just the first quarter," Sapphire points out. She clearly still has her optimism, just like the first day I met her.

"You know, I know you guys don't really like basketball. Both of you just enjoy watching guys play," I say wryly, pointing out the truth. Both of them ignore me and keep on cheering.

We were all wearing our usual Friday night outfits, which consists of baggy shirts and leggings. We agreed that every Friday, we would tie our hair back, so we probably look like triplets.

The only difference between us is that Heather's hair is orange, Sapphire's brunette, and mine is blonde. Heather tried to convince me to color my hair red, which I profusely refused.

"And first quarter just finished. Oh, oh, look at number thirteen!" Heather sighs dreamily, which means one thing and one thing only.

"He's totally delicious," Sapphire bites her lip, totally agreeing with Heather.

I scoff at their statements and stand up so I can see the game better. I look for number thirteen, just to tell both girls that he is not that handsome and when my eyes fall on him, what I see only makes my statement stronger.

"He's not that handsome," I smirk at the two girls I'm in the middle of.

They both ignore me as they cheer loudly again, and I notice that their hair is swaying in unison, I sigh at this sight.

Playing beside number thirteen is number one who just scored our team's first point in the entire game. Everyone from our university begins to cheer loudly.

"Oh, how about number one? Not only is he a good player, but a very good looking one, eh?" Heather wiggles her eyebrows at me as she screams loudly.