Mirror, Mirror.

The gentle tap of boots on the steadily polished floor rang through the halls of the Irish Sanctuary like a bullet from a gun. It was even, casual, hips brought down lazily with every advancing step. The moonlight shone white and fine through the tall, hatched windows ahead of her and cast a long shadow of creamy moonlight across her dark and cut face. The skin above her left eye had been sliced, a thin yet deep layer of congealed blood running off her chin and previous scars raising off her neck and face like a relief map. Her hair was over her face, dank and long. Rinsing in gore and her own sweat. She stopped before the tall window, her eyes scanning and watching. She was searching, listening intently to the whispers of the night with her ear and mind. She picked out the breeze, listening for the secrets and picking out the presence behind her.
She turned swiftly on her heels, left hand splayed with curling shadow as she met the scared and innocent eyes of her counterpart.
Her reflection stood opposite her, dressed in ankle to torso in warm pyjamas. Her long hair was scraped into a bun over her head and dressing robe masked over the curves of her shoulders. Her facade was scared and frightened- one of a little girl.
She was glad she had caught herself unawares. In a dream.
"I spy a shadow." Her voice sharp and acidic, echoing through the corridors in contrast to the native moon that shone over her face; her eyes caught in the dark shadows around her.
There was a substantial pause between the two, the lock of twin eyes as the dominant paced towards the elemental. The girl in Pyjamas clicked a flame, lighting her placid features in a flicker of orange and golds.
"I spy a traitor." Oblivion mused, hand pulsing to keep her flame alive.
The two watched each other hungrily like wolves, the scarred girl growling deeply and menacingly. A flame took the air, shimmering across the corridor in a flash of gold toward the other girl and hit her wall of shadow with a shimmer of black.
The necromancer giggled, dissipating the flames with a flick of her wrist, tawny eyes still locked intently on her counterpart's.
"I thought we had an agreement to stick to." Said the girl in pyjamas, pacing closer towards herself, a still frown marking her lips.
They were feet before each-other, a match between twin eyes.
"I had a right to do what I did. You know I did." The necromancer replied, tilting her head in partial question. There was a pause between the two, the elemental gritting her teeth.
"Our mother gave us this gift. If she left us anything, Oblivion, it was this. This is our calling." Her voice was harsh, forceful and pained.
Oblivion shook her head, backing up. Her flame brightened and flared in her hand.
"N-No. Our gift was given to us to keep people safe..."
"Our gift is power, Oblivion." Bliv retorted, facing her reflection nose to nose. "It's our duty as stewards to use it. To harness that power. Doing what you're doing is wasting that power. You're weak."
There was an audible, deep throated growl from the elemental, and, flame to hand she launched herself at girl. The other caught her, grabbing her shoulders with force and pushing her away in a stagger. The necromancer flicked her wrist, slashing the air with ebony shadow and slicing at her counterpart to keep her at bay. Her stance was powerful, forceful, and polar opposite to the stagger the elemental now possessed. Oblivion cried out, fighting the shadows with a flick of her wrist and tearing apart the darkness with umber and garnet flames.
They were both as powerful as each other, it was inevitable that neither could hurt or kill. They picked this up quickly, the two huffing and wheezing; hair burnt and nightgown torn. The throng of the night was intense, the silence painful and drawn out between the two as the bitterness of their breathing caught the air and choked at their burning lungs.
"I k-killed him." Bliv wheezed, mouth brimming blood as she spat in anger and spite at her twin. She snapped her wrist forward to ease it and smirked maliciously, licking the burnt umber scabs from her lips as she did. It had not been hours since she'd gained those and it would not be hours before she'd gain more.
Oblivion stared, the moon glimmering in her eye as she stood in the light of it. Her fists were clenched, laced with bruises from where she'd taken her fall in the car crash hours ago. Her eyes were red rimmed. Exhausted.
"K-Killed?" She questioned, eyes darting back and forth frantically in a squint- the moon higher than before and a solid shield of light now. There was a fox far off, the screech and wail of it ringing in her ears. "Killed who?!" Her voice was thick, frantic and panicked. She had said him so that ruled Vin out. Ghastly? Saracen? Erskine? No, Erskine was with her.
It then came to her.
"Your pretty lover boy, Livvie." Bliv taunted, eyes gleaming as she too stepped closer and into the moonlight.
"That's right, I stabbed him." She tilted her head, bloodied teeth on show as she gave a casual smirk. "Only once, though. Didn't want to ruin that lovely chest of his."
Oblivion's eyes widened full, her voice breaking into a cry to meet the distant animal's her feet staggering back as her body lit and sparked viciously.
"You're lying! You're a bitch! You're lying!" Her fists tightened, ice flaring across the floor and hitting her counterpart hard in the chest.
Bliv gaped, her eyes crossing her reflection's as she grinned. Her hand went to her chest, caressing the shard that lay there idly and seized it; spearing it out in dripping shadow. Her hand flicked, blood dripped and the blade spun back to its source- hitting the girl hard across the chest.
Oblivion stumbled back, choking as the fuzziness caught the edges of her vision. She felt so weak all of a sudden, the screeching still ringing in her ears.
The Necromancer paced forward, her legs parted as she stood righteously over her reflection, her words were muffled to the elemental( faint and diluted in the blackness.
"Give my love to Daddy."
And the world went black.

*
-Oblivion

My throat was raw, acidic and biting hard on my voice like a nail, it choked and spluttered a scream as hot tears ran down my cheeks in the charcoal light. Sweat had sheened my face and neck, running off my hairline and into my eyes as they were washed away from the vivid red. I was sat up, panting and spluttering my penultimate scream as a hand ran soothingly over my back from the right, a weight next to me in the bed. Their breathing was hitched and unsteady. Frantic and worried.
As the light faded in, outlines shaped themselves into view and my surroundings became more familiarised. It was a bedroom, not my own, but one I knew, with navy curtains and a mirror facing opposite the bed. I caught the flicker of my face in the glass ahead; ghostly pale and saturated with tears. Next to me sat a man, his scent familiar and eyes shocking and bright in the absence of light.
My father.
His golden eyes searched mine, bright like an animal, his screech of a yell ceasing almost immediately. I hadn't noticed it until it's absence.
"B-Bliv..." He choked, leaning into me and wrapping his thick arms around my head and back. Protective. He whimpered away a sob and kissed my head, rocking gently.
"You were s-scream- Oh god." He pulled away, hand clutching at my cheek as his forehead pressed to mine instinctively. "You scared me."
I swallowed painfully, the nails inside my throat grinding away slowly.
"I-I'm sorry... I-I'm sorry." Was all I could mutter, my eyes flitting from his and out the window; where the moon set thickly over the bed.
It had been a dream. Only a dream.
But her eyes, those eyes lay tattooed into my vision.
Those shadows.
And what she had said.
It couldn't be true, could it?

******
.....
Now...
Please don't eat me.
I know it's been a while.
I know.
And I'm sorry.
I have explanations but you don't wanna hear them.
Point being though.
I'm sorry.
And I'm also updating Wednesday so yay.
That's a promise.
Love you all and thank you for hanging in there.
(OH GOD VIN DONT DROWN ME PLEASE.)
-Bliv x