Casting Shadows

A dark shadow cast across her veil as she sat in the tall chair on the southern end of the conference room, her fingers drumming repetitively on the oaken table that sat ahead of her. She was waiting. The sun had passed it's presence behind the veil of the night and all was dark in the room. There was no light echoed from any lamp only a mere glow from a distant corridor beneath the door. Her breath marked the air in a faint puff yet no shiver ran up her spine. Her fingers halted on the wood.
Madame Mist did not like to be kept waiting.
A figure's presence lingered near the door before it was opened, a brisk passage of light following where the crack lay. Her heels clicked the surface of the flooring as she closed the door behind herself and sat opposite to the woman in the veil, her face illuminated by the frozen moon.
"Sorry I'm late. Had a thing I couldn't have avoided."
The Grand Mage nodded, her head tilting a fraction towards the scorching intensity of the moon.
"We have a problem." She murmured, placing a manicured nail between her teeth.
The girl smiled, running her fingers through her hair.
"Oh, I do love a good problem. And what would this particular flaw be, exactly?"
Madame Mist surveyed the scene outside a little, observing the frost dappled light on the near edges of the window.
"You going anywhere for christmas?" She murmured, her fingers tapping lightly against her jaw.
"This I presume isn't the topic and no... I'm not." She sat back in her chair and rolled her shoulders a little, readjusting her clothing to keep the warmth circulating.
She smiled, her fingers ceasing from tapping and let her head tilt towards the girl.
"My problem is Mr Pleasant." She spoke, her words precise and immaculate.
The girl bowed her head, pressing her hands together against her lips.
"Of cause. He's the flaw."
"Indeed." Mist bit her lip thoughtfully and moved from her seat, her long dress billowing after her as she stood from her chair and paced the edge of the table. Her fingers swept across the edge, light dust collecting on the tips as she walked. The girl sat where she was, playing with her necklace and adjusting herself in the chair.
"The question is... How." The girl murmured, the gold on her locket sheening over in the light of the moon.
A knife slammed into the wood from the robe of the Grand Mage at such speed it almost made the girl jump. Her eyes flicked to it absentmindedly as it's left side glinted in the shadow of the moon.
"I want him dead." The veiled woman spat, her hand moving quickly from the knife tip and to her side once more.
"Very difficult thing to do..." Her her trailed to the knife's handle and she let a finger pass over the immaculate silver carvings, ticking thoughtfully. "What a lovely letter opener, however did you come by it?"
The veiled woman paced to the other side of the table, her hand on the frosted pane of the window.
"Our plan works out, everyone's oblivious except him. How do we fix that?" Taking the knife from it's table-of-a-sheath the girl played with it between her fingers, letting the moonlight dance across the silver on her middle.
The veiled woman lifted her head and hummed thoughtfully.
"He has flaws."
"Personne ne est parfait." The girl murmured, catching her own gaze in the knife's. "But from there we can pick at him. We may not be able to kill him but we can certainly bring him down. Make him fall."
The woman turned her head, a small smile forming.
"How do you mean?"
Chuckling the girl took the knife to her pocket and stood, sitting upon the edge of the finely polished table.
"Everything he's ever done we re-write. Create a false identity and force people to believe he's the one in the dark."
Madame Mist smiled, her eyes flicking back to the window
"Excellent. You really are like your father."
The girl gave a wink and lifted her leg unto the table, letting the knife drop millimetres into the expensive wood.
"And what of her?"
Madame Mist let her eyebrow raise, sighing to her reflection in the window.
"We dispose of her. Once this is done we will have no need for more than one."
"Oh good. She was starting to annoy me."
The girl took the knife from the table and began slicing letters into the wood of her own accord, setting it hard down into the surface and swinging her legs over the side.
"And the Dead Men?"
"As the name they were given."
The girl stopped at the door, her gloved hand lingering on the chilled metal handle.
"No one knows of my identity. You promised that."
Madame Mist gave a smile, tracing her hand over the engraved letters the girl had carved.
"I keep my promises."
The girl closed the door and the room was dark once more.
A woman with a dark veil stood at a table central to the room.
A knife lay heavily bleeding in the body of the wood.
Two letters heavily engraved into the facade of the table.
V.N.

**********************
That was a bit of a shortie. Ah well.
Mwaha I'm so evil xD God I love it xD
Allons-y I'll probably update on the 25th if not
MERRY CHRISTMAS ;D
Love u all
-Bliv xxxx