The Four Elements

-Sci

The woman stood there.
Her manicured eyebrow raised aloft and her hip adjusted to one side, lifting her dark and wetted leather coat up her leg a fraction. She smiled tucking a loose ringlet of blond hair behind her ear and advanced towards me, arms widened a fraction with affectionate intention. Her cheek bones were sharper and nose more developed, scars lacing her neck yet with a mysterious and beautiful look about her. Her eyes were the only features that had not changed, a shaded blue like the sea near where we used to live.
"Miss me lil' one?"
I stepped back a few paces and double-glanced at Anton to whom stood erect and ready, his eyes flicking back and forth between us and trying to work out the circumstance. These last few nights had been spent at his side whilst he spectated the ceiling, listening to every minute sound and his own thoughts. He had become on edge and worried as the expression on his face bore.
"I thought you were dead, Skye." I muttered, watching her gaze intently and warily with many a thought circulating through my head.
She giggled and looked out the window, rain trickling subtly down the window towards the sill as the storm began to advance.
"Good. Because the kinda stuff I've been up to, you won't approve of..." Her Australian accent was rich, memories of my childhood lashing out at me with every syllable; it stung like a bullet to the chest. She shrugged her jacket off to reveal a tight corseted waist and handed it to Anton as she walked by, leaving him a wink in her wake before wrapping me into an un-welcomed hug.
"Nice place you got here. Nice stuff too..." She kissed my cheek lightly and smiled, double glancing at the hulking figure by the door and back to me with a mocking giggle.
"Why... Why didn't...?" My voice got caught a little in my trachea, with what felt like citric acid lashing the bridge of my nose and wetting the corners of my eyes.
"Call? Sweetie, you really think I had the time? I'm wanted in eight different countries for theft, impersonation and... Oh yeah cheating on the French Prime Minister but he's easy..." She smiled to herself and looked up at me as shock overwhelmed my senses and I felt a light tear brush down my cheek.
"I'm sorry... I really would have if I could." She pouted a little in invisible sympathy and hugged me once more before turning to Anton.
"You got a car?"
He furrowed his brow and tilted his head. "I don't think you'll be taking her anywhere."
She laughed rather icily and took a few steps forward, narrowing the gap between the two of them.
"How long have you known my little sister, Sir?"
He gave her a silent and granite stare for a matter of time, for passing his icy glance to the window and flicking back to her.
"Such matters aren't relevant. This is my house and as long as she is under my roof or in my care I will protect her with my life."
He laughed audibly at the floor, shaking her head and turning her head to him with a cocky smile,
"So you treat your woman as your property? Mr...?"
"Shudder." He spoke quietly, an ebb of anger on the forefront of his voice. "And I treat her as she is. I treat her as anything else a person would treasure. I treat her with love and care, and I prize her love more than I prize anything else in this world. Dare question my love for her and I will..."
"Anton." I cut in, almost inaudibly as his voice darkened to a threat. He turned his head to mine and his gaze softened a fraction, "It's okay."
Moving towards them I took his wrist softly and looked my kin hard in the eyes, trying to expose what she was thinking and speculating how she had changed so dramatically over the last fifty years from whence I had seen her last.
"Skye. Why are you here?"
She looked a little hurt for a fraction of time before abandoning the face-to-face and walking to the tall window as it was lashed with rain.
"The other day I received a phone call. A phone call from a woman you may know but then again you might not so I'll keep her identity closed. But anyway, it concerned you and I, sister mine."
I raised an eyebrow and gripped tightly onto Anton's wrist as he tried to advance forward.
"She'd heard of me and she apparently knew of you, known of our name for sure. She threatened me and at first I thought she was just bluffing and that it meant no relevance but I later discovered the amount of power she had. How stupid I was to underestimate her. She disabled my security account and I soon found my details leaking onto data bases, I had no choice but to accept for the balance of my life and yours on the line."
I felt Anton pull against me and drew him back, rubbing his arm and pacing forward to the woman at the window. "...What did she force you to do?"
She turned to me, eyes a little bleary as she rubbed them with the back of her hand.
"Kill someone. Kill several. I'm an assassin that's what we do... But you, she wants you for something else."
My heart fell and I looked to the man behind me. The man I loved, watching his face change to one of distressed anger and worry.
"To join her. In the revolution."