Chapter twelve: Expectations of a Pet

Chapter twelve

Expectations of a Pet

Sora took me to a room which was similar to the general, just bigger. It was actually kind of weird to see a bed in the room, because this didn’t seem like someone bedroom. The white boy climbed onto the bed and curled up in the pillows. He wasn’t one much for conversation. 

I walked over and climbed on. I sat at the base. “So how long have you been with the emperor.”

Sora shrugged. “Awhile.”

“Like in a few month, years?”

“Years.”

This isn’t turning out like I had hoped. It was the first time I had met another pet, so I was hoping he at least talk to me a little. “Do you like it here?”

Sora nodded. “Master keeps me safe.”

“Yeah,” I breathed. “Must be pretty scary knowing that people want to kill you just for money.”

Sora sat up. “My master very protective. I’m not allow out of the palace without guards.”“I’m not allowed anywhere either. Mostly because the general doesn’t trust me yet. I don’t really trust him either, so I don’t blame him.”

Grabbing a pillow, Sora hugged it to his chest. “You don’t like your master?”

I shrugged. “He’s better now than when we first met. But he touches me and makes me feel stupid sometimes, so I don’t really like him much.”

“You shouldn’t say that about your master. He saved you, didn’t he? That’s what the emperor said. That Tobias saved you from the slavers.”

“Well yeah. But I don’t considered being saved. He just bought me. Someone else would have if he hadn’t.”

“You would have been treated poorly though.”

I shrugged. “Probably. But I’m not being treated the greatest now. The general has the tendency to violate me and says mean things to me.”

“That’s what a pet for though,” said Sora softly. “My master waited until I was comfortable with him and then he took me.”

“Took you?” I raised an eyebrow. “You mean sex. Is he your beloved?”

Sora looked at me confused. “I love him, so I guess that would make him... that.”

“Well I love someone else. I pledged myself to Zev, and I will not betray him. I gave him my word that I belong only to him, and I will never break my word.”

“The general won’t be happy when he finds out. Doing that kind of stuff is sort of required from us. That’s what my master said.”

“He already knows that I love Zev. I told him.” I tugged on my collar. “Do you ever get used to these.”

Sora shook his head. “It better now then when I first started having to wear them, but I just get tired of the constant weight. My master takes it off at night and when we’re alone in the room.”

“I haven’t been with the general very long. I hope he’ll be like that too.”

“It helps if you lay down.” Sora curled back up in the pillows. 

I crawled to the head of the bed and laid down. Sora kept a pillow hiding most of his face. He really was a shy little thing. It was probably a good thing he found the emperor, because he was to timid to be a warrior. He needed a man to take care of him.