Kelly

"I do not know..."

"Please mum. You are working as well and it is not like I would be doing anything to strenuous. You will be keeping a close eye on me. Please..."

I had been trying to convince mum to let me come into the cafe for the past hour and a half. I had been home for 4 days and I was bored out of my mind as mum had to go to work to check up on the new employee and other stuff. She refused to even let me come at this point I had been left at home quite a bit.

"Please?"

"Fine. Go get ready but only because there is no food in the house and we are going to have lunch out."

Mum may only have said I could come but that was better then nothing at all. I pulled on my black skinny jeans, my blink 182 shirt and throw on my black converses and was waiting in the car for mum.

On the short car drive mum had said that the new worker was 21 and named Tomas. She also mentioned that the reason she had to go into day was she had to organise a bit of paper work she could not do at home.

The placed looked exactly the same as the last time I had seen it. I walked in and there was one of my high school friends Corey and he was teaching another guy on the coffee machine.

We saw each other and straight away we began to purposely run in slow motion towards each like they do in movies. With him in uni studying law he barely had time to visit me. He picked me up and swung me around.

"Hey bitch. Long time no see," was his first words to me with a smirk on his face.

"Hey dick." I said without missing a beat.

"Kelly be nice." mum said from around a corner.

"It was Corey first, mum." I turned to see Corey poking his tongue out at me.

"How have you been?"

"Can't complain. You," Corey shrugged.

"Yeah all right. Mum said you finally got with Maddison. It is about time you put your big boy pants on and asked her out."

He sent me a glare, "Yeah I did, man I haven't spoken to you in ages. Actually we are having a bbq you could come if you want. Maddy will be there after she finishes seeing her grandad and also a few others friends. You are invited too Tom. Oh yeah I forgot, Kelly this is Tomas and Tomas this is Kelly." Corey said while using a hand gesture that people use to present paintings and statues.

"Hey Tomas, nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too," he said shaking my hand. He had brown hair and had deep brown eyes almost black. He was just shorted then Corey but a head taller then me.

"Kelly. We have to go get some shopping for the week," mum said walking out from the back.

"Yep, okay. I will see if I can come. Bye guys. Nice meeting you Tomas." I said before following mum out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
POV Tomas (from where Kelly left)

"That's Nelly's daughter. We were neighbours and we did a lot of sport together growing up. " Corey said walking back to the coffee machine. "Do you know what a Vienna is or how to make one?"

"That would be a no to both of those question."
Here I was thinking lattes, mocha, cappuccino and flat white was all the coffees. Why must there be so many bloody coffees to remember, I secretly curse.

"So pretty much for a Vienna all we do is using the latte glass we just add the coffee shots and water half way and just before bringing it out we add cream and place the chocolate shavings on top. Do not worry we hardly get anyone who orders them you will find its mainly the Flat whites, lattes and cappuccinos. Did you watch the Broncos and the Cowboys game."