TOM

(The meeting)
The room we entered was large and filled with a mahogany table and a number of black office chairs.

"Take a seat. The others will come in soon," Jack said with a reassuring smile.

My hands were sweating terribly. Three middle aged men walked in the doors. Wiping my hands one more times on my pants I got up as Jack introduced me to these people.

"Hello, Tomas. Allow me to introduce myself I am Alex Taylor," the man who was slightly more overweight began. While shaking his hand the tall, lean one introduced himself as Robert Leargo.

"And I am Stuart Day. It is a pleasure to meet you." he said as we all took a seat

"Let's get down to business.... Your Grandfather's, great grandfather Tony Hooper was one of original 10 people who were responsible and came up with the idea of the C.S.S.O- 10 which stands for the Clean Slate Society Original 10. Every third born son from then on job is to with the 9 when it's time we control, monitor, make decisions and carry out the procedure we call the swipe."

Robert explained what the swipe was."the swipe is a procedure that every one hundred years has to be implemented. " All of them had not stopped staring at me since we sat down. To say I was uncomfortable would be an understatement.

"The procedure is quite complex without showing you. Next time we will show you in the labs. But the basic reason we must do it is so we can change family structures and move our city to new location. We must do this as if we do not we will expand to much and war, famine and greed will take over."

"Thats a lot to take in, Tomas would you like a drink?" Robert offered.

"That would be great thank you." Robert returned with a jug of water and a few cups a few minutes later.

Stuart took a sip from his class before continuing,"wow it is already 7. Any questions?" Man where do I begin....

"What is to happen from now on?"

"Every second Tuesday at 2 we shall meet here or you will be notified any changes and one if us will explain more to you as we go along. We also will eventually continue the plans before the swipe."

"Umm..... where is the bathroom?"

"Across the hall and to the left." Jack answered.

Once I had gone and come back. Alex explained to me the importance of not letting anyone know anything. He babbled on about why but I zoned out. I got it do not tell anyone as their will be chaos. No explanation required.
I woken up at a ridiculous time and my lack of sleep was catching up with me.

After 5 minutes everyone got up. I stood too as we said our farewells I couldn't wait to go back to bed.

In the car, Jack turned on the radio.
"If you need to ask a question or anything I'm your man."

"Thanks Jack."

"So I heard you got a new job. Where at?"

"At a cafe the boss seemed nice enough. How's Isaac going with soccer?" Isaac was Jack's son. He lived with his mum and I had not seen him for ages.

"Yeah, really well this year." And so the car ride began.
-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•
Next day~ first day of work

"Good morning Tomas. I think for today you can serve customers, make the cold drinks and wipe down tables. If you have any questions please do not be afraid to ask and Corey will explain everything." Nelly explained.

"Sure, thank you."

Corey was 6 foot, blond, wearing a apron.

"Hi. I am Corey. Nice to meet you. It's Tomas right?" He says extending his hand.

"Yeah. I am Tomas. Nice to meet you too."

" Hello, I am Maddison. I am one the baristas." said a girl who popped up from behind a coffee machine. She looked around 16 -17 and had long brown hair.

"Nice to meet you." I said shaking hands with her.

" Okay let's get started... So taking orders is simple Nelly prefers us to write drinks up the top and food down the bottom. That just makes it easier when for me, the cook and whoever is making the drinks and you will be running the things out as well. For the cold drinks there is a poster on the freezer of how much of each ingredient per drink. The cash register is just a matter of pressing in the order and hitting subtotal. I believe that is all any questions feel free to ask through out the day. Here is your first customer now." and so the day began. Corey said he was 21, had been working there for 5 years and had 4 sisters. While Maddison was 17, had worked there for 2 years and had 2 older twin brothers. They were pretty funny people, cracking jokes throughout the day.

Corey and Maddison argued nonstop about various topics. Topics such as who was the best out of nirvana or green day, and who would win in a fight batman or superman.

By the end of the day I headed home to a roast dinner.

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•
Kelly's P.O.V (4 days later)

I get out today. I get to go home for three weeks for the holidays. Mum is signing papers now. The conditions of me going home are every second day I have a check up.

Mum walks into the room with a huge smile on her face. This will be the first holiday I have gone home since being diagnosed.

"Ready," she asks.

She pushes me out of the hospital in a wheel chair.

<•><•><•><•><•><•>
Thank you for reading.