TOM

What a busy week I have had. I feel drained. I heat up my mac and cheese for an early dinner.

I flop on to the lounge and begin eating. Mum walks into the room still in her pyjamas.

"Hey mum."

"Hello Tom, how was work?"

"About that I got a new job."

"You got fired again? Where are you working now?" She looked down sad and disappointed. This time I was going to keep this jobs and not be late.

"I start Friday and it's at Nelly's and Kelly's cafe."

"I went to high school with Nelly. Nice lady."

That wasn't surprising as most people here lived in the same place their whole life. That's all she said before heading into the kitchen. Leaving me to my thoughts.

Today's Wednesday tomorrow I am suppose go to the meeting with Jack.

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

Kelly's P.O.V

Waking up I felt a lot better then I had before the treatment. Its now 6 in the evening I am starving. I begin getting up when Lucy walks in carrying a tray of food.

"How are you, sweetie?" she called everyone sweetie. Lucy was my closest friend she was 6 years older then me and treated me like a younger sister.

"I actually feel alright."

"That's a good sign," she said with a smile and taking a seat next to me,"don't tell anyone I told you but they are thinking of letting you go home in a couple of weeks for a couple of weeks."

"Really?"

"Yep. If you continue improving like you have been for the last couple of months." Lucy said with a smile.

All the nurses and doctors were extremely supportive. Samantha another nurse in particular had a soft spot for me as her twin brother had died from a tumour when she was thirteen.

In only a couple of weeks I would be able to go home and spend Easter with mum.

-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•-•

Toms P.O.V

I was woken up at 2:30am as someone was knocking on the door. My neck was stiff and sore as I had fallen asleep on the lounge last night.

Opening the door I was greeted by Jack dressed in a suit.

"Ready?"

"Give me 10 minutes," I said checking the time. Jack had gotten here 20 minutes early so we wouldn't be late. Unlike me Jack was always on time.

I ran up stairs to have a shower and get ready. Jack showing up to take me left little room for me to say no.

After a shave I pulled on a nice pair of jeans and a dress shirt. Jack looked at me with approval in the way I had dressed. It taken me 15 minutes to get ready so I skipped breakfast as I was unsure how long it would take to get there where ever there was...

The 10 minute car ride was silent. The building was tall, dull and grey.

Jack gave me a smile before hopping out of the car. I followed with only our shoes being heard through out the hallways.

<•><•><•><•><•><•>

Authors note

Hey.

Thanks for reading this book. Hope you like it so far...

Bye