Managing Boys (15)

“You go in first,” Grim told me once we arrived at Sawyer's house, the taxi right behind us. “The couch is a pullout, so when you get inside, pull the bed out. There’s a spare key under the flower pot. I'm going to go help the guys out of the taxi and pay the driver.”

I nodded, doing as I was told. There were multiple flower pots, but I was able to find the key in the third one that I had picked up. I made my way inside Sawyer's house.

I only had one free hand, since my other one had to hold my shorts up so they wouldn’t fall. The last thing I wanted was for the boys to see me in my underwear, especially after they all had already seen me in my bra.

It bothered me, honestly. They weren't the first boys that had seen me in my bra without my consent. At least it was an accident when it came to the Hello Aria boys.

I quickly moved to pull out the bed, not wanting to think about my past any longer. I had already had enough flashbacks that night that could last me a lifetime. 

And I was sure they would.

Just as I finished setting the bed up, the front door opened to reveal Grim as he helped one of the unconscious boys inside.

“Ash is practically already out,” Grim informed me as he practically dragged Ash into the house. He lazily dropped him onto the bed, and I had to stop myself from rushing to his aide. “This usually happens whenever he gets too drunk.”

I swallowed. “Well, he’ll be feeling this in the morning.”

Grim nodded. “True that.”

He went back outside to get Ben and Sawyer, and I used this to my advantage. Sitting down on the bed beside his sleeping figure, I reached out and brushed the hair out of his face.

“Mm…” he suddenly mumbled, which immediately made me extract my hand from anywhere near him. “Aria…”

I nearly gasped, but bit my tongue to stop myself. I there, wondering if I had enough guts to actually touch him again or not. Soon, I decided that I didn't, so instead, I pushed myself off the bed and crouched down in front of him so our faces were now right in front of each other's.

“What is it, Ash?” I asked, hoping that this would get him to continue talking. “It's me, Aria.”

“Aria...” he muttered again, and I couldn't help but feel butterflies erupt in my stomach. “Aria...”

I gulped. “Yes?”

“You’re so…” he breathed, and I sat there in anticipation, nearly ripping my own hair out. “You're so...”

Just then, the front door opened again, which made me immediately jump away from Ash and to the other side of the pull out bed. But it was too late. Grim had already seen us.

“Getting a little close there, aren’t we?” he asked, pretty much pushing the other two boys on the bed. Man, were they obliterated. “I guess I shouldn’t have left a poor, defenseless Ash all alone with you.”

I fixed my broken shorts, completely flustered. “Well, I was just—I just… You don’t know anything!”

Grim rolled his eyes before turning toward the kitchen. “Uh-huh, sure. Put the boys to bed, will you?”

I huffed, turning back toward the three boys who were all pretty much passed out already. They all looked very uncomfortable, so I decided it wouldn’t be the best idea to leave them there. I’d be a nice babysitter and tuck them in.

It was a challenge, I can tell you that. I used to think that getting kids to bed was difficult, but this was even harder. And it wasn't just because they were heavier, either.