Managing Boys (24)

When I found myself alone in my house on Saturday morning, I was surprised. I didn’t know where my dad or Sophie could have been, but I shrugged it off as I made my way downstairs to the kitchen.

I wasn’t very surprised when I saw that there was a note on the kitchen table from my dad. It said that he went to work early while Sophie was out with her friends. Typical.

I just hoped he really was at work and not with Annabelle…

Trying to forget about this, I pulled out a box of cereal from the cupboard and poured some of the cereal into a bowl. I didn’t have anything planned that day, so I guessed it was just a lazy day. I guess I could have called someone.

So I sat at the table, all alone, eating soggy cereal all by myself. I couldn’t help but feel a little bit lonely. Usually Zoey was home at this time, since she normally didn’t get out of bed on weekends until super late, so maybe I could have called her.

When the doorbell rang, I had no idea who could have been at the door. I could only hope that it was someone that I was actually in the mood to see.

My eyes widened when I opened the door to see Zoey, tears streaming down her face. Her bottom lip was trembling. “A—Aria...”

“Zoey?” I gasped, taking in her puffy eyes and runny makeup. “Zoey, what's wrong?”

“Sawyer!” she sobbed, stepping forward and throwing her arms around me. “He broke up with me! Sawyer broke up with me!”

I said nothing; I only wrapped my arms around her shoulders and patted her hair. Usually she was the one consoling me, so it was weird being the other way around.

“What do you need me to do?” I questioned now as I sat her down on my couch. I really hoped she didn’t ask me to talk to Sawyer just yet. I was going to do that on my own. “I’ll do whatever you need.”

“Can you call Parker?” she asked, hiccupping as she wiped at her eyes. “I really want him to be here.”

I didn't know if that was such a good idea or not. Of course, I knew Parker would be glad that Sawyer and Zoey had broken up, but I knew he didn't want to see Zoey upset. But she wanted to see him...

I stepped into my kitchen and dialed Parker's number into my phone. It rang three times before he finally answered it.

“Hey,” he greeted. He didn't sound very happy.

“You need to come over,” I ordered, not in the mood to ask him if he wanted to. “Zoey wants to see you.”

“Oh, really?” he asked, sounding very bitter. “She doesn't want to see her perfect famous boyfriend?”

I rolled my eyes at his jealousy. “They broke up.”

There was silence for about four seconds. “I'll be right over.”

After hanging up, I made my way back into my living room and told Zoey that Parker was on his way. She looked very relieved.

“I just… I don’t know what to do,” Zoey sniffed, wiping at her eyes as she practically curled up into a ball on my couch. “I didn’t think he was capable of doing something like this to me! I thought he was… I thought he was perfect!”

That was what most girls thought about Hello Aria, when they didn’t know them personally. They seemed perfect, like they would treat you like a princess, but they were just regular guys. Just because they were famous didn’t make them any different from the guys that weren’t.

When the doorbell rang, I let out a sigh of relief. This would be a lot easier with two people instead of one. I quickly hopped up off the couch and opened the door.