Chapter 7

"Y/ N, Y/ N honey, please wake up." Dean says, gently tapping your face with his hand. Groaning, you open your eyes, ashamed that you had done it again, this time in front of everyone.

"Hey Dean," you whisper, trying to sit up, however Dean gently pushed you back down.

"Just relax. You've been out for about an hour."

You glanced around the room, somehow you had been placed on the window bench in Bobby's study. Bobby and Sam were no where to be seen. Cas stood in a corner, eyes on you. Dean was seated next to you, with your hand in his.

"You scared the shit out of us Y/N, just fainting like that. Do you feel okay?"

You start to answer, but are cut off when Cas walks over to you. "Y/N, has this happened before?" He questions you.

Unable to look at Dean, you glance down at your joined hands before mumbling your answer to Cas. "Yes."

Cas seems unfazed by your answer, but Dean let's go of your hands, stands up and starts pacing. "Why didn't you tell me? Or Sam? We could have helped you! You could have blacked out on a hunt!"

"I didn't want to worry you," You tell me, eyes still downcast, not from fear, but from the guilt of lying to him.

"May I?" Cas asks, pointing to your forehead. Unsure what he was going to do, but trusting him completely, you nod your head. He walks over, and places two fingers on your forehead. It was painless and over quickly.

"Well Cas, find anything out?" Dean aks.

"Yes but your not going to like it." Cas explained.

You feel your heart drop to your stomach, despair making you feel nauseous. Needing to know, but dreading the answer, you look at Cas, with tears in your eyes. "What is it Cas?"

Dean sees your tears, and quickly walks over and sits back beside you, wrapping his arm around your shoulder for support. Before Cas could speak Dean whispers in your ear, "No matter what it is Y/ N, I will be here to help you fight it. We will figure out a way. I don't want to lose you."

"Y/N, your..." Cas started but was interrupted by Sam and Bobby coming through the front door, with grocery bags. "Your awake!" Sam exclaimed.

"Yeah, but Cas is trying to tell us something so pipe down. " Dean yelled at his brother. Sam and Bobby dropped their bags off before pulling a chair up. "What's the news Cas?" Bobby asked.

"Y/ N told me she's had more of these blackouts which worried me. So I checked her, and she is directly tied to her body back home. Her energy there is fading, causing her to black out here. I'm afraid that when her body there gets too weak, we will lose her here."

There it was, the big news bomb you were dreading. It sounded like you were screwed no matter what, not able to survive either reality. Why couldn't you have just stayed in your coma, instead you were given this wonderful, adventurous life, only to have it ripped away.

"There has to be a way to save her, otherwise why would she have been brought here?" Sam is the first one to speak. Dean is silent beside you, his arm tight around you, holding you close.

"I don't know Sam, none of the Angels I talked to knew anything. I'm at a loss." Cas explained quietly, glancing at you.

"Damn it Cas, can't you find out anything else? Try some other Angels?" Dean finally spoke.

"Yes Dean, I will try to figure it out. But I would suggest Y/ N stay here, who knows how long she will be able to stay awake and not comatose. "

Cas vanished, leaving you there with three confused men. Dean squeezed your hand, then stalked out of the room, slamming the front door behind him. You weren't worried, that was how Dean handled upsetting news. Sam was pacing, trying to wrap his brain around the turn of events.

"Well, let's start researching, see if we can figure this thing out." Bobby said, always the voice of reason.

Wanting to help, you walked over to the desk, but Sam takes you by the arm, "Why don't you go find Dean and spend some time with him. Bobby and I got this right now."

Not arguing, you take two beers out of the fridge, and head out into the junk yard to find Dean. He was easy to spot, the Impala's hood open, with Dean leaning over, working on the engine. Taking a moment to enjoy the view, you were only human after all, you sneak up behind him.

"Boo!" You said casing him to jump and hit his head on the hood.

"Son of a bitch!" He yelled, calming down once you hand one of the beers over.

"Whatcha doing out here? Figured you'd be helping them do research or something." Dean stated before taking a sip of the beer.

"They didn't need me, so I thought I'd come out here with you."

Dean didn't say anything, instead he closed the hood of the Impala. Taking your waist in his hands, he placed you gently on the hood, and you relaxed, leaning against the windshield. He climbed up beside you, and you both relaxed there for awhile, neither saying anything. Between the beer, exhaustion, and the horrible news, you were about ready to go to sleep. Closing your eyes, you rested your head back, smiling when Dean started playing with your hand, before closing it in his own. You were content, and even if they couldn't save you, you were so glad you had a chance to live this life with them, no matter how short.

"Y/N, I know we haven't known each other that long, and you have a lot going on right now. But I just wanted to let you know that you mean so much to me, and I promise I will do everything I can to save you. Not to have a chick flick moment, but I can't imagine life without you, I love you."

Opening your eyes, you notice the love shining in Dean's stunning green eyes. You slowly lean over, and press your lips to his, moving back before he could deepen the kiss.

"I love you too Dean. But you have to promise me. No deals. I don't want you to ruin your life trying to save mine. If nothing else, let's just embrace the time we have right now, that way you will always have something to remember me by."

He started to reply, but you started getting dizzy again and he noticed. "Have the dizzy spells always been this close together?" He asked, worried.

"No, they are getting closer together." You tell him, trying to get off the car, but your energy was drained and you almost fell before he caught you. Picking you up, he carried you inside Bobby's house, placing you once again on the window seat. He smile down at you as your eyes closed. "Don't worry, I'll be right here when you wake back up."