Chapter 10

You feel the coffee cup fall from your hand, but don't care. Dean Winchester is standing in front of you. You pinch your arm, hoping this wasn't some messed up dream. When the pinch hurt, you let yourself believe.

"Dean is it really you? But how?" You stutter.

Dean smiled at you. "Can we talk?"

Apologizing to your coworker, you follow Dean to an empty table in the corner. You were still in a daze, worried this was too good to be true.

Dean takes your hand in his, rubbing his thumb across the top. "How are you? I've missed you."

"I'm fine, but Dean, what are you doing here?"

Ignoring your question, he stares down at your joined hands. "You seem happy. Happy with your life here."

"Dean it took me a long time to start living again. It took going back to school, before I even felt like a human being. I missed you so much. "

He looks up at you then, hope showing in his eyes. "I was afraid you would hate me for what I did, and be happy to be back here."

"Now will you answer me? How are you here? I hope you didn't do something stupid. "

Dena looked sheepish, shrugging his shoulders. "Sending you back that quickly was stupid. After I sent you back, I was like you. I drank, didn't hunt, got into arguments with Sam. It wasn't pretty. Slowly Sam helped me climb out of the hole I was living in. Then I spent all my extra time looking for a way to get you back."

"Still doesn't answer my question," you tell him.

"Are you almost done with work? I'd rather explain everything where we can't be overheard."

"Yeah I'm done in 20 minutes. Wait here, then we can head to my place."

Those were the longest 20 minutes of your life. You tried to fill orders, and actually did fairly well, considering you had Dean staring at you the entire time.

"Who's the hottie?" My coworker asked, when we had a moment to breathe.

"An old flame," you tell her.

"Can't be that old. He's looking at you like he hasn't eaten in a month and your steak."

"Shush it," you say, finally taking off your apron and clocking out.

"Details. I want details tomorrow. Have fun!" She yells after you, causing you to blush.

You walk out to your old car, laughing at Dean's expression.

"Sorry it's not the Impala."

He chuckles. "It's not what I expected you to drive."

You run your hand over the navy blue dashboard. "It was my grandma's."

"I see."

The rest of the ride was quiet, not awkward, but you both waited until you were home before you started your conversation.

You pulled into your driveway, walking ahead of Dean to your house. Opening the door, you drop your keys onto the table before asking Dean, "Want a beer?"

"Sure," he says as he takes stock of your place. You hadn't changed it much since your grandma had passed, leaving the furniture and pictures pretty much the same. There were pictures of your grandparents, you with your family, then some of just you. Dean picked up one of you and another girl, with your graduation gowns on.

"This Gina?"

"Yeah," you reply, replacing the picture with a beer. Sitting on the couch, you pat the cushion next to you. Taking the hint, he sits down, looking at the beer in his hands.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled, so quietly you almost didn't catch it.

"What?"

He looks up at you then, guilt playing on his face. "I'm sorry. If I hadn't been so headstrong, and listened to you, you wouldnt have had to come back. Cas came back, a couple days later with a better way."

"You didn't know..." you start to argue but he cuts you off.

"Yeah, but I was being selfish, thinking about myself instead of you. I couldn't see you suffer."

"You know what Dean? I still suffered, because I wasn't with you. But I forgave you a long time ago, and you need to forgive yourself too. Now did you come all this way to apologize, or was there something else?"

"Yeah, Cas said you were brought to our reality by an Angel, no one knows which one. But that you were meant to be there, not here. So I was sent here to bring you back with me. But only if you want to go. I will understand if you say no."

Did you want to go? You had finally started fitting into your life here, it was a nice uneventful life. But could you be happy living it?

"Dean you are such an idiot sometimes. Of course I want to go!" You exclaim, jumping into his arms, surprising him.

He plants a kiss on top of your head. "I was hoping that would be your answer. Now Cas will open the gap in reality in 5 minutes, in your front window. All we have to do is jump. Can you do that?"

"Of course I can, I can't wait to go home!" You told him, thrilled that you were going back.