Chapter 9

What was that annoying beeping sounds? And why were the lights so bright? Bobby's lights were soft, and not directly overhead. You also felt different, it was hard to explain, maybe heavier. Opening your eyes, taking your time against the bright lights, the first thing you see is white. White ceiling, white walls, fluorescent lights. You were no longer in Bobby's house.

"Dean?" You called, but you already knew the answer. They had gone against your wishes, doing the spell to send you back. Now you were stuck in a hospital room, in a reality where everyone you loved has died.

The door opens, and a nurse walks in, holding a clipboard. "Oh, your awake!" She exclaims. "Let me go tell the doctor."

She rushes out of the room, leaving you alone once again. While waiting, you noticed you were holding a slip of paper. Before you could read it, she was back, along with the Doctor.

"Well this is a nice surprise. I wasn't sure you would ever join the land of the living. How do you feel?"

For the next hour you were questioned, and tested. They were surprised how well all your vitals were, after being in a coma for almost a month. After giving you a mostly clean bill of health, they told you if everything went well, you could go home in a couple of days.

That was a problem, because you no longer considered this reality your home. Your home was in the Impala, or Bobby's house, hunting monsters, and being in love with Dean. Speaking of Dean, you remembered the piece of paper you had hidden underneath you. Pulling it out, you recognize Dean's handwriting. With tears in your eyes you read:

I'm so sorry princess,
But I couldn't watch you suffer.
Please don't hate me.
Love, Dean

The tears really started falling then. You couldn't be mad at Dean. Of course he went against your decision, but he did it out of love. You were stuck back in your plain world, and you weren't sure you could survive the pain.

-----------------------------------

Three days later you were out of the hospital. Unsure what to do, you had an acquaintance pick you up, and drive you to your house. Your car had already been towed back to your house. Walking inside, you set down your keys, and walk straight up to your room, falling down on the bed, allowing sleep to dull the pain.

It was still summer break, so you spent your time wallowing in bed, or binge watching Netflix from the comfort of your couch. Your part time job was gone, they had found someone else while you had been comatose. You hardly left your house, only for quick shopping trips. Summer passed quickly, and before you knew it, you had to register for classes. Thinking classes would distract you from missing Dean, you filled your day full.

Going to school did help. Having a routine, and getting out of the house, helped you start to function like a normal human being. You started enjoying life again, never forgetting your previous life, but using it as a wonderful memory. Friends were found in classes, friends who would drag you out, and have fun. Never at The Local, you haven't stepped foot back in that place yet. The memories of Gina still hurt, and going back to that place would only make them worse.

Now it was fall, your favorite time of the year. You had been back for three months, and now your life with Sam and Dean all seemed like a dream. You studied hard, and got a new job, working at a coffee shop near campus. Everything was going smoothly until one day. It was a busy day at work, and you were on your third order of pumpkin lattes. Smiling at your coworker, you heard a voice that you never thought you would hear again. Thinking you were imagining it, you took a deep breath, then concentrated on filling the orders.

"Hey Y/N, I need your help at the cash register." Your coworker told you. Wiping your hands on your apron, you turned and froze. Dean stood right in front of you, an unsure smile on his face.

"Hi Y/N, it's been awhile."