Entry # 2. Welcome back

I had known Vince since I was a kid and I knew that he sensed that something is wrong with me. Maybe that was the reason why he cornered me that night after giving me a ride. He faced me and suddenly, he decided that something is wrong with me. What the fuck is wrong with him? No one knows about my real feelings towards Reed, not even Vince – my so called best friend or Tonie – my so called girl best friend. They were both clueless of what I had with Reed.

"Is there something wrong with Reed coming back?" I looked at him and I wanted to ask him what the hell was wrong with him.

"Why the sudden question?" I asked feeling a bit irritated. He just shrugged. I knew it. He sensed that something was really bothering me and knowing him, I knew that he will push this matter through unless I told him the truth.

My friends – most especially Vince – could easily sense that I am lying about something. I don't know if I am a really bad liar or it was just because Vince is a lawyer and he's really used with people lying around him.

He's like Neil Caffrey in White Collar – only he's not an ex-con, he's a really great friend and he's a good lawyer too.

"I just felt like you were really awkward with the news that Reed's coming back."

"Why would I be awkward?" I dared him. He smiled at me.

"You're doing that again." He said.

"Doing what?"  I asked playing innocent.

"You're trolling me." He sighed. "Fine if you don't wanna tell me about what really happened to you and hi, three years ago at the beach house, I won't tell you. But if you wanna talk about it, I'm here."

"Okay..." I just said. I thought that our talk was over but then, he talked to me again about Reed for another five minutes. I know he's only doing this para mapaamin ako, pero hindi ako papahuli ng buhay kay Vince. Bumaba ako ng sasakyan niya at saka ko siya kinawayan. Pumasok ako sa gate at lumakad patungo sa loob ng bahay. Bago ako makaakyat sa porch, I suddenly noticed a body figure sitting on one of the steps of my porch, as if waiting for me.

Dahil madilim ay hindi ko siya masyadong mamukhaan but when the man stood up. I knew who he was already.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

Reed moved closer.

Yes, it was Reed. He's here in my porch. What is he doing here?

"Tonie said you'll be back next week." I commented.

"I wanted to see you." He said.

I caught my breath when I saw him. He was still the same Reed, only there's more of him. He's different looking now, he has a five o'clock shadow, he's leaner, he's hotter and he's manlier than the last time I saw him. He gave me that devastating, earth shattering smile that used to make my knees tremble – and I realized that until now, that smile can still make my knees tremble and my insides melt.

"Why?" I asked. I find it so hard to walk away from him. I feel like any moment from now, I would faint – face down – on the ground because of him. But before that could happen, Reed pulled me closer to him. He put his hands on my waist and carried me. I had no choice but to wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.

"You wanna make out?" He whispered on my ear. I have this feeling of longing for him. I had missed him this much but deep inside me, I knew that what I am about to do is wrong, so wrong in so many levels and yet, and yet... I found myself saying ...

"Yes."

----------------------

Entry # 2