Nice to Meet You-- Zayn

You stirred groggily in your bed, your eyes finding the red alarm clock numbers beside you on the nightstand.

Crap...

You gasped, sitting up and smacking your head on the bottom of your friend's bunk which was above you.

The stupid alarm clock never went off and now you were running half an hour behind. You rushed into the bathroom so you could at least take a shower. You flipped on the shower and blasted the heat. You went to your room and picked out clothes before going back to the bathroom. You slipped your hand in the shower to test the water and it was ice cold. "Are you kidding! Of course this would happen today!"

Looks like you'd be showering in cold water today..

You got a out few minutes later, dried off, and plugged in your hair dryer. You tried to turn it on and it wouldn't start.

"Screw this!" you said and put your wet hair into a bun. You picked up $50 off of your countertop and slipped it into your coat pocket.

Slamming on the gas pedal you sped off to work. You ran through the wind and into your building. You almost crashed into someone, you knew exactly who it was by the shoes on his feet. You slowly looked up cringing. "Well hello there Y/N."

"uhm hi Mr. Jacobs"

"You're a bit late don't you think?"

"Yes sir I am but you see,"

Mr.Jacobs cut you off. "I don't need to hear your story, Y/N, why don't you head home."

Mr. Jacobs held the door open for you as you were thrown back outside. You looked around for your car and were startled when you saw the tow truck about to haul your car away.

"No!" You ran over to the truck driver. "Please please put my car down."

He grunted, "Sorry miss but unless you have $40 I can't help you."

You let out a sigh of relief, it's a good thing you picked up that extra $50 this morning.

You reached your hand in your pocket and dug around.

You couldn't feel it anywhere.

"Of course, okay well I did have it earlier but now I don't. I must of dropped it somewhere."

"I'm sorry miss but I can't do much." He handed me his business card so I could find him later. I guess I'd have to have my roommate bring me.

I watched the truck drive away with my car and I felt something hit my shoulder. A cold spot hit my arm. I looked up and a drop splashed me in the eye.

"Why not? My day isn't horrible already." You took off running down the street and turned down an alley going the shorter way to your apartment. The alley was dark, not to mention the sky which was probably why you tripped over a soda can and dove into the ground. You caused a loud noise by crashing into some trash cans. As you tried to lift yourself up you heard footsteps running behind you.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine." You didn't turn around, you were way too embarrassed. He walked in front of you and stuck out his hand.

"You sure?"

You held on to his hand and stood up. "I'm fine I'm sure." You took a step but your knee buckled. "I think I twisted my ankle."

"I could give you a piggy back ride where ever you need to go."

He looked sketchy in his huge hoodie and sunglasses, not to mention him wearing them in the rain. But as sketchy as he looked you couldn't wobble home yourself.

"I'll skip the piggyback but I do need to lean on you."

"No problem."

He held firmly around your waist as you did to him. You gave him directions as you limped down the street in the pouring rain.

When you came to your apartment he helped you up to your room. "I should be good now."

You took your keychain. But couldn't find your key. "Oh no I gave my key to Leah so she could make a copy."

Sigh....

You slumped down outside the door. The boy came and sat down with you. You hadn't realized he took off his hood and glasses. " I'll just wait with you then," he said.

Turning to look at him for the first time, you almost died.

"Oh. Wow. Zayn. Malik." you stuttered.

He chuckled lightly, "Yes, but I don't think I ever caught your name?"

You swallowed, "Y/N,"

Zayn smiled. "What a beautiful name."

You tried to smile but it ended up as a grimace. Your ankle was throbbing.

Zayn's smile disappeared. " Y/N, are you okay?"

You touched your ankle, which was swelling as you said "Oh yea.. I'm uh-ow-- fine..?"

Zayn shook his head, "No you're not. Let me see your ankle. "

You decided it would probably be best not to protest and shifted your leg towards him.

His strong, tan fingers wrapped around your calf as he brought your still-swelling ankle onto his lap.

He gently prodded the bruising skin, "Ouch,"

You bit your lip. ZAYN MALIK WAS VOLUNTARILY TOUCHING YOU. Omg. You tried to swallow your inner fangirl.

You bit your lip as Zayn looked up into your face, never moving his fingers from your leg that still rested in his lap.

"I think I should go get some ice for you ankle. It looks pretty bad." he whispered, his breath tickling your face.

You nodded, then jumped as you heard a couple screaming at each other a few apartments away.

Zayn looked at you sitting helplessly on the floor, and gave you a half smile. "Okay, I don't feel comfortable leaving a beautiful girl here--alone--injured. So you'll have to come with me."

You tried not to grin as he pulled you up onto your one good foot.

You awkwardly fell into Zayn's chest and he held you there.

"You good, Clumsy?" he chuckled.

Blushing you tried to pull away, but Zayn held you there.

"Y/N, would you please allow me to take you on a date? As soon as your ankle is healed of course.." he asked, his eyes burning into yours.

You nodded, speechless.

Zayn grinned happily. "Alright, lets get some ice."

As you two began shuffling down the hall, Leah appeared at the end of the hall.

She unlocked the door, shaking her head and said "OMIGOD, Y/N you're so accident prone.." and waved you inside.

Zayn chuckled, "See you soon, Clumsy. "

"Bye," you said breathlessly before limping inside, a smile plastered on your face.

A terrible day, with the most amazing(or AMAZAYN) ending...

-written by Brooke and Kelsey