My Benefactor Chapter Eighteen

My Benefactor

Copyright © 2011 crimsonnebula

All rights reserved

Chapter Eighteen

Vote, like, fan, tweet and comment as much as you can dudes! 

Enjoy!(no proofreading done) No Derek in this chapter so I'm sorry to disappoint you but he will be back next chapter.

************************

(Reagan's POV)

"Direct descendant, huh?"

I slammed my locker shut and exhaled a sigh. Here we go.

I spun around and gave Bryson a small smile. "You could say that. How did you know?"

He shrugged. "Ciara. She told me a few days ago. As Alerians, we were obligated to know our history."

I frowned. Does he know the true origins? Would it change the fact if I tell him the truth? I think it was best to throw in the oblivious card."What do you know?" I asked innocently.

He half smiled."It's a long story. We could go somewhere and talk?"

I thought for a bit. If I get to hear his side of the story, I could narrow things down, and maybe find some answers. I shrugged. "I got nothing else to do, and school's over for the day."

He smiled gratefully. "Cool. How about we go to our usual hang out spot?"

I moaned. Not The Lounge. They had the best pudding in the history of dessert madness.

He chuckled at my reaction. "I know what you're thinking, Ree. That's why I chose that place. Besides, it's the weekday. Not a lot of people come there, and the place seems ideal for a talk."

I grinned,"Let's go then." I tugged his arm,"ANDALE! ANDALE!"

He cracked up laughing,"Whoa! Easy there, Speedy Gonzalez. Eager to be with your pudding?" he teased.

I was about to retort, but a bitchy voice just had to put a word in to annoy me. I guess I needed more raw telekinetic power to make a 'shut the hell up' statement.

"Where do you think you're going, Bryson? You're supposed to come home with me."

We simultaneously spun around to face Ciara. She was popping her hips to side -a hand perched-quirking an eyebrow that said 'Bring it on.'

Bryson let out a soft sigh, "Ciara, I told you. We are over. You can do whatever you want."

She glared ferociously. Oh boy, she going to blow."It's the end when I say it's the end, honey." She paused adverting her eyes, a smirk gracing her lips," Now, come with me and leave that skank.Your mother is expecting our return."

Bryson in turn scoffed."God Ciara, you're acting like a psycho ex girlfriend. My decision is final and there is nothing you can do to change it."

Her eyes changed to an electric blue hue and let out a shrill cry of frustration,"ARGH!!!"

I made a quick sweep around the hallway to make sure there were no onlookers. The hallways were empty, so it was safe to say were good.

She stood erect, breathing rapidly from anger. Her hands curled into fists, and I'm pretty sure that sneer was intended for me,"This is all your fault, Reagan. If you hadn't come back, Bryson would have been mine."

Bryson shook his head, a frown on his lips,"I would have stayed with you, Ciara, if you didn't act so hostile towards Reagan. She was your best friend, and that is no way to treat someone so close to you."

With that said, she charged head on for a punch, but Bryson held up his hand, palm facing forward, letting out a wide blue energy wall, making Ciara crash into it, jerking her backwards. She staggered a few steps back, then regained her footing.

"I'll let you off with a warning, Ciara. Your actions could cost you your life. You know the law. It's a good thing The Pillars gave you a second chance. The provocation incident a few days ago was uncalled for." He said with pure authority in his voice.

She glared, her electric blue orbs darting to me, then to Bryson, then back to me,"This ain't over. You both will pay for this." And she vanished out of thin air.

Bryson heaved a lungful of air and dropped his hand to the side, the blue energy dissipated. He turned to face me,"I'm sorry about that. I never expected Ciara to act bitchy."

I shrugged,"She loves you. She would do anything to get you back."

He frowned,"By acting like a red bull? I don't think so."

"Bryson, when you're in love with someone who doesn't love you anymore, you feel helpless. Ciara right now, is frustrated and she would do anything. Love does that to you."

At some point, I envied her. Her assertiveness and knowing what she really wanted made me a coward.

Yes, I was too afraid to admit to Derek that I love him and I couldn't handle the rejection of an unrequited love.

"Reagan?"

I blinked."Oh. Sorry. You were saying?" I asked sheepishly.

He rolled his eyes,"I said let's get out of here. Your pudding awaits."

I laughed and we both left school.