My Benefactor Chapter Thirty Six

• Dedicated to to all my fans who had been supporting this story since day one. Thank you!

My Benefactor
Copyright © 2012 All rights reserved

Chapter Thirty Six

Reagan's Point Of View

As much as I tried to understand what had just happened, my mind couldn't seem to wrap around it.

        Bryson's sudden cold treatment had left me confused, if not had my heart clench a bit - a slight pang in the heart from this unexpected frosty relation. I just don't understand; even though we had history together, we first started out as close friends. We knew that it'd be stupid to throw that away and we proved that when I came back after two years, but this... this was all too sudden for me and from knowing him inside and out, he isn't the kind of guy who would go frigid for no apparent reason.

        Something was definitely off with this scenario.

        Shaking my head, I decided to corner him later at lunch and demand for an explanation. Besides, he did want to talk to me and I was curious.

        With a sigh, I headed over to my locker to get the necessary books for my morning class. Just as I was about to open my locker, an annoyingly familiar voice chirped up, making me grind the edges my teeth together.

        "Hello, Reagan."

        Great. Just what I needed. Somebody please shoot me in the head...

        I gathered up the necessary books and roughly shoved them on my backpack then zipped it closed. "What do you want, Ciara," I asked, irritation leaking out of voice. Slamming the locker shut, I slung my backpack to my shoulder and turn to face the she-devil.

        She smirked. "Oh, nothing," she said. "Am I not allowed to talk to my best friend?"

        I snorted. "Best friend?" I asked. Man, she must be high or something. "Please, Ciara. You are nothing but a backstabbing bitch."

        She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. "Whatever. I just came here to tell you that Bryson and I are back together."

        I frowned. "I thought you guys are over and you're telling me because...?"

        Why on Earth should I know about this? It was none of my business and I thought Bryson despised Ciara? I guess not, apparently, since they are back together.

        Uncrossing her arms, she moved closer to me and got up all in my face, her eyes narrowed to thin slits. ‘Invading my personal bubble, are we, ‘ I thought wryly. "You listen to me and you listen good," she began. "Bryson is mine. Do you hear me? He doesn't love you, that's why we got back together. He realized that he was being stupid and he promised to never leave me for some pathetic girl like you."

        I scoffed and took a step back. "The one who's pathetic here is you," I said, staring straight into her eyes. "Your territorial attitude goes to show that you are insecure."

        She glared at me. "I am not insecure. Why would I be?" she asked in a snotty manner as she raised her chin. "Bryson loves me. I'm just warning you, that's all."

         How desperate.

        "You know," I said, tilting my head to the side, "I find it strange for Bryson to go Ice Queen on me today. Knowing him, he's not the kind of person to be mad for no particular reason. He's not that shallow. You should know that, Ciara."

        Her shoulders went stiff and thanks to my super sensitive hearing, her heart beat accelerated to a million beats per second. "He just came to his senses that he doesn't love you and you had been leading him on," she defended.