Chapter 16

Regular P.O.V

Beep beep. Beep beep. Beep beep. Beep beep. That was the sound that I woke up too. When I opened my eyes I started to freak out. I wasn’t sure where I was or why I was attached to so many machines. When I went to sit up, I cried out in pain. My muscles hurt really badly, but I couldn’t figure out why.

“Dear! You’re up! I’ll go grab the doctor.” A nurse rushed out the door. I hadn’t even heard her come in.

“So Miss Shayler-“ The doctor started to say as he walked in.

“Call me Bree.”

“Okay. So Bree, how are you feeling?”

“Well, other than the fact that god damn beeping is giving me a head ache, and my muscles aren’t really working, I’m totally fine.” My tone was sarcastic. I think it really annoyed the doctor when I rolled my eyes too.

“Well there’s nothing I can do about the beeping, but your muscles will be back to normal soon. They are just stiff from being in the same position for just over a week.” He explained. As the words he said registers, I became confused.

“A week?! What happened that I was in the same position for a week?!” I was a little panicked.

“Well someone punched you extremely hard in the head and knocked you unconscious.” My eyes wend wide as he said this. I was pretty sure I knew who did this to me. “And while you were unconscious you slipped into a coma. You’ve been out for a week.”

“Oh wow. When can I leave?”

“Well, judging by what I’ve seen so far, you can leave as soon as your friends get here. Good-Bye Miss Shayler.”  He walked out of the room leaving me to my thoughts.

I can’t believe I have been out for a whole week. I wonder if the guys missed me.

At that my stomach dropped. Guys means Parker, and Parker means the guy who left me alone in the hallway because he was jealous. If he wouldn’t have left me there I probably wouldn’t have ended up here. This is partially his fault! I can’t take him anymore; I think this might be the end of us. But honestly it’s not a-

“BREE YOUR BACK! YOUR AWAKE! YOUR NOT DEAD!” Jacob yelled, interrupting my thoughts. He ran up to the side of my bed and wrapped me in a huge hug.

“Ow Jake! Let go!” I screeched. My muscles didn’t like being touched. Jacob quickly let me go and backed away from the bed, his hands in the air and his eyes wide.

“Sorry! I didn’t mean to hurt you! I’m Sorry!” He apologised over and over again.

“Jacob! It’s okay. My muscles are just sore from not being used all week.” I explained; a small smile on my face. I tried to sit up again, and this time succeeded, but it still hurt, a lot.

“Can I hug you?” Hayden asked; a smile on his face as well.

“Of course Hayden.” I smiled and opened my arms wide for him. He ran at me and wrapped his arms around my small waist, mine around his neck. “I missed you little sister.” He whispered into my hair. “I missed you too big brother.” I whispered back.

“okay, okay, my turn!” Rage stated as he pried Hayden off me. As soon as Hayden was out of the way I was getting crushed by Rage. He smelled yummy, like green apples or something.

“I’m so glad your okay Bree, we were all going crazy without you.” Rage whispered. I could hear the sincerity in his voice, which was new because this was Rage we were talking about here.

“Awe, I was missed.” I teased as Rage let go of me and backed away.

“Duh you were missed! How couldn’t we miss you?” Kyle asked rhetorically as he attacked me in a hug.