Chapter 23

Bree’s P.O.V

The sun shone on my face, warming my whole body. I slowly sat up and stretched. Surprisingly, my body wasn’t stiff from sleeping on the ground. As I opened my eyes properly, I figured out I wasn’t sleeping in the court yard at all; I was in a dorm room. I started to panic. I quickly got out of the bed and looked around.

The room wasn’t any different than my dorm. There was two beds, I was in one and a sleeping guy was in the other. The only thing that was different was that there was a guitar hanging on the wall, with Bryan Montes signature. I knew whose room I was in. This was Claytons room. My heart stopped beating as fast. I walked to the door and opened it. Clayton was asleep on the couch. As I walked towards him, his eyes fluttered open.

“Bree! Your okay! I was so worried about you!” He jumped up from the couch and embraced me in a bone crushing hug.

“What are you talking about Clay?” I asked utterly confused.

“Oh, well last night I was going for a walk around the campus because I couldn’t sleep. When I walked by the science building I could hear scream coming from, well I didn’t know where at first. I figured out it was coming from behind the branches of that willow tree thing.” He was talking really fast, and was on the verge of rambling. “When I went through the branches, which I didn’t know you could do, I saw you. You were flailing your arms and legs everywhere and yelling. It was all gibberish though, so I don’t know what exactly you were saying. Although I’m sure I heard Hayden, Rage, Parker, Kyle, and Jakes names being screeched. I could be-“ I put my hand over his mouth to get him to shut up.

“What happened next.” I prompted.

“I picked you and your bag up and carried you here. That way I knew if anything happened to you, at least I would be here to help. Plus that ground did not look comfortable at all.” He finally finished.

“Damn…” I mumbled trying to remember what I was dreaming about. “But thank you so much for bringing me back here, it was really sweet of you.” I wrapped my arms around his waist; he hugged me back.

“Your welcome Bree.” He pulled back from the hug and sat back down on the couch, I did the same. “But why were you sleeping there anyway?”

“Do you remember the guy reading the book close to us in the lounge last night?”

“Yeah, he was wearing a plaid shirt right?”

“yeah. Well that was Jacob. Him and the rest of the guys disguised themselves and watched us while we did the project, and followed us to the movie. When I found out, I flipped out. I was about to beat the shit out of Jacob but Rage wouldn’t let me.” I paused to take a breath.

“I guess you have a really protective brother.”

“Apparently. So when I went to go ‘walk off my anger’ as Rage said, I decided it was best to stay away from the guys for awhile. So I packed some stuff and headed to the only place I knew that only a few of us knew about and went to sleep.” I finished off my little story with a big sigh.

“I guess that was the best thing you could have done.” Clayton wrapped his arm around my waist in a comforting way. I leaned onto this shoulder.

“But now I feel bad. The guys are probably worried beyond belief. Especially because Shane hasn’t done anything in awhile so he could strike at any moment.” I was really telling him everything on my mind, which was weird because I never do that to anyone eccept the guys.

“I still can’t believe someone would want to hurt you like he does.” Clay whispered. I could hear he sadness in his voice.

“Let me remind you, you were the one who wanted to make my life a nightmare before.” I stated matter-of-factly.