Chapter 22

Bree’s P.O.V (The same day)

“Did those guys seem at all familiar to you?” I asked Clayton as we walked back to my dorm room. He wanted to be a gentlemen and drop me off.

“Sort of, but I can’t put a name to them.” He said as he laced his fingers with mine. I wasn’t even sure why I was letting it happen, but I was. Somehow, within a matter of a few days, he weaseled his way into my heart.

“I guess we will never know who they are.” I said quietly as we walked through the quiet campus.

“So, are you letting me do this because you feel sorry for me?” Clayton asked really quietly. I had to strain to hear him.

“What do you mean?” I asked confused as to what he meant by ‘this’.

“Are you letting me kiss you, hold your hand, take you out on a make shift date, because you feel sorry for me.” I stopped walking, making Clayton stop too.

“No. I’m letting all of this happen because you let me in. You let me in to your heart. You showed me the soft side to Clayton Tams, the side that is sweet, caring, and really likable.” I looked straight into his eyes as I said this. I wanted him to know that I was being sincere. Claytons lips curved into a smile; a true honest smile, not a smirk. He slowly leaned down and placed his soft lips on mine.

We stayed like that for a few moments, our lips connected, and slowly moving in sync. It was a  super sweet moment. His hands where placed gently on my hips, mine placed on his fore arms. I would have never pictured myself kissing this boy a few days ago, but right now it seems like a perfectly good idea.

I pulled away and smiled at Clayton. He smiled back. I could see the happiness in his eyes even though we were outside in the pitch black.

“I better get you back to your dorm before your friends start to get worried.” Clayton grabbed my hand again and we began walking towards the dorms again.

“You should really show this side of you more often Clay.” I said as I leaned my head on his shoulder as we continued to walk.

“I know I should.” He replied quietly. The rest of the walk to the dorm was quiet, but in a good way. We were both trying to wrap our heads around what happened tonight. As we stepped out of the elevator I heard a door slam, but I wasn’t sure whose it was. I brushed it off and we walked down the hallway.

“I had a good time tonight Clayton, thank you.” I smiled up at him. He smiled down at me.

“I’m glad you had a good time, because I did too. Maybe we could do it again?” He sounded really nervous.

“Yeah, of course we can. Night Clay.” I stood on my tippy toes and placed a kiss on his lips before turning around and walking through the door. When I walked through the door all the guys were sitting in the living room. They were watching a movie.

“Hey guys.” I said innocently. I didn’t need them to think that I was out on a date  with their arch enemy; Clayton Tams.

“Hi.” They all said in unison. Their voices were hard and very unlike them.

“What’s wrong guys?” I asked really worried they knew what happened.

“Parker made us watch this movie, when we all wanted to watch Fast Five.” Rage said, lightly hitting Parker in the back of the head.

“Hey! I wanted to see…” He paused to look at the screen, “I wanted to see Air Bud. Sue me.”

“You guys are weird.” I laughed shaking my head and walking into the bedroom. As I grabbed a pair of PJ shorts I noticed that there was clothes scattered everywhere in the closet. It was a complete disaster. I shook my head and started to fold the clothes. I picked up a blue plaid shirt and began folding. As I did I realize I saw a guy wearing a shirt exactly like this earlier. He looked young, maybe 14, 15ish.

The more I looked at the shirt, the more I remembered the guy; brown eyes, black hair, shortish. I shrugged it off and kept folding. I picked up another sweater I recognised. It was the one I stole from Parker when we were going out. There was a guy playing pool wearing the same thing tonight. I picked up a black shirt, it seemed familiar, there was a guy sitting beside me and Clayton tonight wearing the same one.

All of a sudden it hit me. The guys were these random people in the lounge tonight. It had to be. Why else would all the same clothes be scattered around the room in a mess. I quickly grabbed all the shirts and sweaters that I recognised from tonight and stomped back out to the guys.

“WHY THE HELL DID YOU GUYS DO THIS?!” I screeched at them. They all looked guilty, but no one said a thing.

“ANYONE CARE TO EXPLAIN?!” I yelled at them again. My anger was definitely getting the best of me.

“We just wanted to make sure you were okay.” Jacob said in a really small, scared voice.

“SO YOU HID IN THE LOUNGE DRESSED AS RADOM PEOPLE?!”

“STOP FUCKING YELLING AT US!” Jacob got off the couch and stood right in front of me.

“THEN STOP TRYING TO CONTROL MY LIFE!” I yelled in his face.

Jacob took a step back from me, “I’m not controlling your life. None of us want to control your life. If I wanted to, then I wouldn’t have let you go to the movie with Clayton. I wouldn’t have let him kiss you.” Jacobs voice was quiet, yet vicious.

“You followed us to the movie too?” I growled advancing slowly on Jacob.

“Bree, Calm yourself before you do something you regret.” Parker ordered sternly. I looked down at him and glared daggers at him.

“Shut it. You aren’t innocent here either.” I shot at him. He listened and closed his mouth. “Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t beat the shit out of you know Jacob.”

“Because I’m your god damn brother!” Jacob cried. I could see the fear in his eyes and I continued to advance on him.

“not a good enough reason bro.” I spat as I lunged at him. Before I could lay a hand on him he ran and hid behind Hayden, and 2 strong hands grabbed my forearms. Parker was whimpering quietly from behind Hayden.

“Let me go.” I growled. I knew it was Rage holding me back and I wasn’t going to stand it.

“Not unless you promise me that you will go take a walk and clear your head.” Rages voice was soft and calm.

“fine.” I growled. His hands loosened and I walked into the bedroom and threw on sweats and a tank top. Then I grabbed a bag and put clothes for tomorrow, a pillow, and a blanket in it. I wasn’t planning on staying in this room tonight. I might “accidently” hurt someone in here. I stormed out of the bedroom and to the door. I slammed it on the way out just for emphasis.

I stormed over to the elevator and pressed the down arrow, repeatedly. I just wanted to get where I was going already. I didn’t want to wait for this stupid slow elevator to get moving. Once it finally started going, I headed down to the main floor and walked for the science building.

After making sure I was alone, I walked under the Willow branches and headed towards the base of the big tree that made this place so private. I set my bag down and knelt down beside it; pulling the blanket and pillow out of it. After wrapping the blanket around myself, I laid down on the ground, putting my head on the blanket. It was really uncomfortable sleeping on the ground, but it had to be done.

Slowly I fell into an uncomfortable sleep. The last thoughts I had were about how much fun I had truly had with Clayton this evening.