Chapter 17

(Later that day)

“Parker this isn’t working, I’m sorry. Can we still be friends?” I whispered to myself as I looked in the mirror. I was practicing breaking up with Parker. I shook my head, that sounded too cliché. That’s almost as bad as the whole ‘It’s not you, it’s me’ line.

I took another deep breath, “I think we should break up. We just aren’t meant to be. Plus I don’t want you getting hurt by Shane, you just mean too much to me.” I growled at my reflection, that just sounded to sappy, and I’m not a sappy person.

“fuck this.” I groaned and walked out of the bedroom. I was just going to wing it and see what happens.

“Uh, Bri can we talk?”

“Parker, we gotta talk.”

Me and parker said at the same time. That can’t be a good thing, or maybe it is! Maybe he is breaking up with me. Maybe all my practicing was useless, oh well. I guess I will find out while we are walking and talking.

I followed Parker out of the room and down to the little lunch area thing, there wasn’t many people here, which is weird seeing as it is a Monday after school. We sat down, across from eachother, at a picnic table in the far corner of the area.

“So how are you feeling?” Parker asked somewhat nervously.

“I feel fine. Now you and I both know we aren’t here to talk about how I feel.” I stated, sitting up a little straighter.

Parker rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, “Yeah, your right. But you go first.”

I shook my head stubbornly, “You go first.”

“Ladies first though!”

“Parker.” My voice was stern.

“Fine… well… I don’t know how to say this but, I think we need to break up. It’s not you it-“

I put my hand over his mouth, “Don’t even think about finishing that sentence. But I agree, we need to break up. This just isn’t working.” I took my hand off his mouth.

He sighed, a look of relief came to his face, “You have no idea how happy I am that this is a mutual thing. I hate messy break ups.”

I stood up from the picnic table, “I agree with you there bud. Still friends?” Parker got up from the table too.

“Of course!” He smiled, I returned it. We linked elbows and skipping back to the dorm.

(the next day. Tuesday, Nov 8th)

“Okay class we are going to be doing a group assignment.” Our English teacher announced. Everyone, including me, groaned loudly. The projects we got were usually really stupid and boring.

“Come on guys, it’s not going to be that bad!” He was really excited about this; maybe it wouldn’t be so bad.

“You say that every time.” Some guy at the back of the room yelled, which earned him high fives from his friends and a stern look from the teacher.

“Well this project is different. You will pick do a biography on any person you like. They don’t have to go to this school, and it does not matter how old they are. There has to be at least 4 chapters in this biography, each at least 5 pages long.” The reactions from around the room were different. Some of the guys actually looked excited, while other looked as if they couldn’t care less about the assignment. Rage, Hayden, and Parker all looked fairly happy about it, as did I.

“When is this stupid thing due?” Some guy I didn’t know asked.

“The last day before Christmas break. So the 20th.” Mr. Prestie answered. “When you know who you are doing the project on, come and tell me. You have until the end of the week to decide.”