Married to the Mafia. Capitulo Siete (Apologies)

"This is insane"

I leaned back on the seat, holding tight on to whatever I could get a hold of. Oh my God this is not good, we're going to die!

Santiago grabbed his brother in a head lock and pushed him over to the corner of the seat opposite of me.

"Joel you need to calm down" he said through gritted teeth. They were both breathing heavily, but that didn't take away the murderous looks in their eyes.

Joel chuckled, turning his head away to spit out blood. "You're the one who started this brother."

"Joel don't star—"

"You're the one who made me mad! Now you're telling me to calm down?" Joel faked an offended look. "It's always me, you always blame everything on me!"

Santiago let out a frustrated sigh, "I'm not blaming you for anything...I just want you to calm down. Look at how scared Gabby is!"

He turned to look at me but his face didn't change, as if he didn't care if I was scared or not. Joel didn't show concern in the slightest towards me.

"We need to get down from here" I glanced down to see the Ferris wheel worker glancing up at our cabin, probably trying to make sure we were alright. I noticed a small group of spectators had already formed around the man, trying to find out what was going on.

"I'M GOING TO BRING YOU GUYS BACK DOWN, PLEASE SIT BACK IN YOUR SEATS AND DON'T MOVE!" the man yelled up at us.

"I'm really sorry ab—" Joel began, but I raised my hand up stopping him from speaking any further.

"Save it, I don't want to hear it"

We all sat in our seats quietly as the Ferris wheel started moving again. As soon as we reached the bottom again I pushed the door open, almost hitting the worker in the process but I didn't care. I could hear people asking me if I was alright but I ignored them and walked away towards the food court. Ignoring all the curious gazes I received from people as I walked by.

I took a seat in one of the small tables and put my head down on the table, trying to calm myself down. Those two brothers are crazy! Do they really hate each other that much?

I heard  someone take a seat across from me but I didn't bother looking up to see who it was. It's probably one of them.

"Gabby"

Joel. Ughhh...

"I'm really sorry about what happened, we shouldn't have done that"

I squeezed my eyes shut trying to keep myself from standing up and attacking him like a crazy woman.

"Will you please look at me" he muttered, pulling my chin up roughly with his fingers.

I slapped his hand away and glared at him. "Don't touch me!"

"Then stop ignoring me."

I scoffed. "How do you expect me to act after what just happened? We almost got killed!"

He rolled his eyes and leaned back on his chair, looking unfazed. "It wasn't that bad! But at least let me apologize."

I cleared my throat, sitting up straighter as I forced myself to look at him in the eyes.

"Alright, speak"

"I know I was acting like a total douche. I shouldn't have started a fight with Santiago, but in case you haven't noticed... him and I don't get along very well."

"No shit"

"So, do you accept my apology?" Joel asked after a moment of silence.

Huh, well that wasn't much of an apology but I guess that's the best I can get from him.