Married to the Mafia. Capitulo Trece (Old habits die hard)

Add me on FACEBOOK: mwendy40@yahoo.com

"You didn't kiss?"

"No"

"Why not?!"

"Because stupid Joel had to show up right when we were about to!"

"I really hate that kid" Nessa grumbled, huffing angrily while we all got ready to go downstairs for breakfast.

Don Ernesto had sent one of the house maids to let us know that breakfast was ready downstairs, and that everyone would be eating together in the main dining room. Since the girls already kind of knew their way around the mansion, we had no problem getting there on time.

We arrived to find all the guys sitting down in the large table, and when I say all the guys I really mean every single one of them. It was a bit intimidating to be one of the only three girls in the house.

A new face I hadn't seen before was sitting to the right side of the Don who was at the head of the table. He noticed me staring at him and raised an eyebrow at me.

"Gabby this is Rafael Bustamante, he's the underboss of the cartel...well he's retired, now the position belongs to Joel. He's Daniel and Leo's father".

I felt both Vanessa and Sofia tense up at the mention of their lovers.

Rafael stood up and shook my hand. "Nice to meet you Gabriela"

"The pleasure is all mine" I smiled at him. "I would like to introduce you to my friends Vanessa and Sofia" I pointed at the girls standing next to me.

"Ladies" he did a small bow. "I've heard a lot about you two from both of my sons." he said with a hint of amusement.

"Hopefully good things." Nessa smiled turning to glare slightly at Leo who was sitting at the end of the table.

"Oh, of course!"

"I hope you girls slept well last night, is there anything you want me to do to make your stay more comfortable?" Don Ernesto asked us, watching with curious eyes as we took a seat on the three chairs they had left for us.

"We're all good, thank you."

Everyone began to eat, making small talk here and there. I avoided eye contact with Santiago and Joel, there's no way I can look at them in the face after the little scene last night.

Stupid Joel, I barely know the kid and I already hate him.

"Your mother will be arriving today sometime this afternoon" Dad said to me. "One of our guards will be bringing her to the mansion, you'll have a few hours with her since all of us will be gone to take care of some business."

I was tempted to ask where they would be going but after thinking about it a little longer I decided not to ask. It's all Mafia business.

"You're leaving us here all by ourselves?" Sofia asked a hint of panic in her voice.

"There's no need to worry Sofia" Don Ernesto raised his hand. "We'll leave some of our best guards to take care of you girls. You'll always be protected."

"How long will you be gone?" I questioned.

"Why don't you just ask what you really want to know?" a satisfied smile crossed Martin's face.

"What do you mean?"

He rolled his eyes before turning to look at me. "You want to know what we're up to, don't you? All you have to do is ask little sis."

"Martin..." my father said in a warning tone.

"Oh yeah?" I snorted. "And what makes you think that?"