Chapter 14

Rosalind's POV

Thunder rumbles in the sky as I run through the emty field while Alexa yells for me to wait up, but I ignore her and continue running. I stop when I see a red wolf walking towards me. The wolf walks up to me and I pet her head.

Alexa finally reachs me and tries to catch her breath, "You couldn't just stop and wait for a while or at least slow down?"

I shrug my shoulders. "Sorry."

Alexa rolls her eyes at me before we both climb on my mom's back and she runs us home.

When we reach the pack house I jump off my mom's red back and run over to Clayton; when I was nine I finally understood that his name wasn't Alpha.

"Hey Rose." He says smiling at me.

"Clay, when can I ride your wolf?" I ask. He promised he would give me a ride yesterday but then he got busy with his alpha duties. Ever since last month he's been avoiding me, we used to be always doing fun stuff together, but now he barely even talks to me throughout the day.

"How about right now?" He asks me with a smile. I smile when he says that, and he shifts into his huge grey wolf.

I wonder what color my wolf will be when I shift, I hope it's something like black or dark brown.

I get on Clay's back and he starts running into the Eastern Woods. He slows down by a little stream and walks along side it before I get off and sit in the grass. He sits with me while I pet his soft fur.

I feel a drop of rain hit my cheek and I look to the sky. Clay stands up and nudges me to get on his back, I do so and it starts down pouring rain.

He starts running again and jumps over a small cliff — for a moment it felt as if I were flying. I smile and he runs back in the direction of the house through the hard rain.

When we get to the house I jump off him and run towards the house while he shifts and gets pants on.

When he is done he hurries over to me and we both run inside the house out of the rain but it's to late, we are already drenched.

"Rose, go change into some dry clothes." My mom says walking out of the kitchen. I roll my eyes at her and head upstairs to her and dad's room.

After I'm dressed in a black sweater and grey leggings I run down stairs to find Clay.

I know he's in his office; he's always in there working. I know I shouldn't bother him when he's working, but he's the only person I like to hang out with really, besides Alexa.

I run down the hall to his office and stop at the doors, before I knock he says come in so I do.

When I come in right away he smiles.

"Hey Clay, what's up." I say as I go and sit down on the small black couch sitting in the corner of the room.

"Just doing some paperwork." He laughs, I get up and walk over to him while he sits behind the desk.

I grab one paper document he was signing and I start reading it,

Peace Treaty, LycanRiver Pack

"I hate that dumb pack." I say handing him the document back.

He chuckles and opens his mouth to say something but before he can I remember Alexa and I have plans so I  run over to the door, "I gotta go!"

"Where are you going?" He asks.

"To find Alexa." I say before running out.

Me and Alexa are going to prank the Delta and some of the pack fighters when they come in from their training sessions.

When Clay started avoiding me, I needed something to do to get my mind off him and pranking pack members is what works.

I run to the back door and see Alexa standing and waiting for me.

"We need to hurry! They're going to be here in about five minutes!" She says, I nod and we start getting everything done.

I put vasoline on the outside door handle so they will have to come in through the front door, by the front door we have a string that Alexa tied up so they trip.

Once they trip they will be mad and wet from the rain outside so they'll want to head upstairs to change clothes. But, on the top of the stairs we have clear wrap covering their walk way where their heads would reach and coconut oil on the floor below the wrap.

One of them will run into the wrap face first and lose balance when they step on the slippery oil, causing them to fall down the stairs and knock most of the others down with them.

I hurry and close the door when I see them coming. Alexa and I run to the living room and we sit down on the couch, where we get the perfect view of it all.

But of course, someone decides to run into the wrap, slip on the coconut oil, and fall down the stairs.

"Rose!" My father yells as he gets up from the fall. I give my dad a sheepish smile, "Sorry?"

Before he can start yelling at me, the delta Chase, and the pack fighters try to open the back door, they soon give up with that door and they walk around to the front one.

Alexa, my dad and I watch them walk past windows and finally hear the door open, followed by a bunch of thudding from them all tripping on the string.

Alexa and I burst out laughing and my dad looks at us, giving us one of those scary parent glares. Which causes us to laugh even more.

Clay comes out of the hall that leads to his office. He looks at the men that are getting up from when they tripped, and he walks into the living room.

"Really? The classic string prank?" Clay asks looking at me with his soft chocolate eyes. I nod my head yes, while laughing.

Clay shakes his head and chuckles slightly before walking outside.

I wish he would stay and laugh with me, but he probably has better things to do instead of being with me.