Chapter 16

Rosalind's POV

I got up early this morning to make some breakfast for my mom and dad, but mostly for Clay.

Right as I finish making the scrambled eggs, he came down stairs and walked into the kitchen.

I smile at him while he turns to the fridge and pulls the orange juice out.

While he takes a few drinks from the juice I say, "I made you, my dad, and my mom scrambled eggs."

He acts like he didn't hear me as he puts the orange juice back in the fridge.
When he turns around I'm standing in front of him with a plate with food.

"You hungry?" I ask.

"Not right now princess." He tells me before he pushes past me and walks out of the room to his office.

Why wouldn't he talk to me more or at least smile? I sigh and put the plate down on the counter.

Maybe he has something important going on, so he has to focus on it? Yea, he probably is just really busy with something.

I walk out of the kitchen and up stairs to my mom and dad's room.

I walk in and head to my little room to get dressed for today. When I open my closet door, the first thing I see is a little green dress that Clay bought for me when we went to that mall near the LycanRiver Pack.

I smile at the memory and get dressed in jeans, a white tee shirt, and my necklace Clay got me for Christmas two years ago.

I come out of my room and walk over to my mom while she is just waking up.

"Morning Darling." She says.

"Morning." I smile at her. "Where's dad?" I ask once I notice he's not in the bed with her.

"Alpha Clayton wanted to talk to him about something."

"Oh." I say before heading out the door and down stairs.

I head to the hall that leads to Clay's office, I slowly walk down it as I can slightly hear my dad's voice.

I'm not sure but it sounded like he said "you can't."

Once I reach the door I press my ear against it to listen to their conversation.

"I have too, I can't resist her. It's starting to get too hard." Clay says.

Is he talking about his mate? Speaking of which I've never met her and I really want too! I wonder if she's as fun to hang out with as Clayton is.

I hear a growl and then my dad's voice again, "What do you mean you can't resist he-" he gets shushed.

They probably smelt me - realizing that I hurry and run away from the door and go outside.

I laugh with Alexa as we run from our friend Ace after pranking him. He chases after us and he finally catches up and knocks me down.

We wrestle around on the muddy ground trying to pin one another down, I lost as Ace is on top of me.

"Pinned you." He says laughing, he stops and looks up. I stop laughing when I hear a deep growl.

I look up and see Clay standing next to us with his eyes flashing between black and light brown. He grabs Ace by the shirt and lifts him off me before setting him back on the ground with a scary growl.

Clay looks at me and opens his mouth to say something, but instead he turns and walks away. I shake it off, since he always does things like that.

I get up off the ground and start to follow Clay, but Alexa jumps in front of me and starts talking.

"Let's go to the streams!" She grabs my wrist and pulls me the opposite direction of Clay.

I'll just have to hang out with him later.

When Alexa and I get back I see a black car drive away. Thinking nothing of it I run into the pack house and to Clay's office. When I see he's not there I run up stairs to his room. Not there either.

I run back down stairs and ask a few pack members if they seen him, they all said no.
He maybe went for a run and will be back in a little bit.