Chapter 54

Clayton's POV

'Alpha, we searched the pack and no one saw a rogue.' Ace mind-links me.

My jaw clenches and I look over at Rose as she sits on the small couch in my office with her mom and Kali.

Right now Ace and Kaleb are checking the pack for anything that can lead to who got in here unnoticed, Elliott and Damon are watching the borders with some pack guards, while I have assigned Drake to help me protect Rose.

"Who the hell would want Rosalind dead?" Drake asks after we all sat in silence for a long time. I growl just thinking of the threat towards Rose, causing everyone in my office look at me.

"The last of the ViciousAsh Pack." I tell him as I stand up from behind my desk.
"Then let's go kill them." Drake says.

Rose shakes her head, "Drake, it's not that simple. We don't know where or who they are exactly."

Drake sighs and suddenly my best tracker, named Elliott, mind-links me,
'Alpha, we have found a scent. The scent leads towards the LycanRiver Pack.'

I feel my body fill with anger and I quickly grab my phone to call Blake's pack. Rose stands and walks over to me, "What is it?" She asks looking at me with her big blue eyes.

"The wolf that brought that gift is headed for Blake's Pack." I tell her as I wait for Blake to pick up his goddamn phone.

I didn't realize Blake had answered the phone until he said my name.

I shake my head and clear my throat, "A wolf is headed towards your pack. Capture it and bring him back here for me."

"Clayton, it's Christmas. I don't feel like having to catch a damn wolf that you want dead." Blake says, clearly annoyed with me.

"That wolf brought a gift for my mate. He threatened her. I need him brought back here." I tell Blake. After a moment Blake says alright and hangs up the phone.

Rose just stares at me as she thinks about something. Suddenly she blurts out, "We visited Blake's pack when I was younger."

I nod my head okay, "Yea?"

"The rogue that attacked me went into that pack without being caught, right? Blake is the Alpha of that pack, but what was the beta's name?" She asks me.

I stare wide-eyed at Rose, along with Drake, Kali, and Rose's mother as we all wonder what Rosalind is thinking.

"The beta's name is Jason-" before I can say anything else Rose quickly says, "Clay! The rogue that attacked me said Jason's name!"

Drake then jumps into the conversation, "So you're saying the Beta of the LycanRiver Pack wants you dead? What if it was a different Jason."

Rose shakes her head, "No, I know it's him."

I feel what Rose feels as she says that, and just from that feeling, I know Rosalind is right.

Rose's mom, Lacey, stands and walks over to her daughter as she says, "How are you so sure honey?"

Rose opens her mouth to say something, but I speak before she can.
"Drake come with me. We're going to visit the LycanRiver Pack."

With those words I stormed out of my office along with Drake.