Chapter 50

Jason's POV

I watch Rosalind walk off into a bathroom.

I thought they killed her until I saw her tonight — and now she's pregnant which makes this even better.

I turn and walk outside before I grab my phone of of my pocket and call one of my men named Luca.

"Jason." Luca says as he answers the phone.

"You IDIOTS! You said you killed her!" I yell into the phone.

"We did?"

I growl at him, "Then why is she at the VanishedEdge Pack's becoming Alpha party."

He goes quite for a moment before he says, "If we didn't kill her then who did we kill?"

I growl at him and hang the phone up before walking back inside. Once I am inside I stand near Rosalind as she talks to Blake's rival pack's alpha Hunter and his mate Ella.

"What's up with Clayton?" Ella asks Rose.
"I don't know but he's really mad." Rose replies.

I look over my shoulder at them as they continue talking but soon Clayton starts yelling along with Rosalind's father Damon.

Clayton's POV

As Rose walked away, I noticed a girl walk in, it is Athena.

I smiled at her and she walked over to me — she doesn't look to happy.

"Clayton, I need to talk to you." She says. I nod and she pulls me away from Ella and Hunter.

"I forgot to mention that the descendants from the rival pack know who they are and they are out for revenge." She pauses and looks around to make sure no one is listening.

"The descendants of the pack you killed off are still mad at your pack, so every time there is a Luna to your pack... they kidnap and kill her." She tells me.

"How could you forget something like that?!" I ask mad.

Athena sighs, "Well, some strange things were going on with me like the bowl of raspberries. My mind wasn't exactly clear when we were talking."

"Is that what happened to my sister Nicole?" I ask curiously. Athena nods her head yes.

"But they actually want to kill Rose." Athena tells me.

As those words escape her mouth I growl and run a hand through my hair.
"But why would they kill Nicole then if they want to kill Rose? Are you sure they didn't want Nicole? After all they did kill her grandmother and her mom." I tell Athena as I try to avoid thinking they want Rose dead.

"Clayton, they thought Nicole was Rose. Also, they didn't kill the past Lunas to your pack until after they had a pup." Athena tells me.

I let out a deep breath and try to think clearly as Athena adds on, "They want to kill Rose, and now that she is pregnant they will really want to kill her."

I shake my head and sigh, "It makes no sense to why they want to kill the Lunas to my pack after they have a baby though."

Athena sets a hand on my shoulder and I feel her power.

"They want to continue killing the Lunas to this pack bloodline after bloodline — one thing they don't know is that your family isn't the same one that killed their pack off, Rose's is. They never found out about Alpha Marcellus' death so they think all these years they have been killing the family line of the first ever pure werewolf, when actually they've been killing the Beta's family line." Athena tells me.

I let it all sink in before I thank Athena for telling me and hurry off to find Rose.

It shouldn't be too hard since I can track her down without even using her scent to find her.

Not even a minute later I am outside a bathroom door waiting for Rose to open it.

While I wait I shake with anger and worry — I now know why I got a call when Rose was younger, why she was attacked in the woods, why there was a message on the wall, why my sister was killed, and why that pack member killed himself; because this whole time the've wanted her dead.

Soon, the bathroom door opens and Rose smiles at me, but her smile fades as I grabs her and take her back to the party.

I mind-link Damon, but he must have blocked me out since I can't get his attention. I try mind-linking Lacey as well, but she has me blocked out right now too.

"Clay, what's going on?" She asks me as I bring her to Ella and Hunter.

"Watch her for me, I need to get Damon." I tell Hunter. He nods and I walk away to find Damon.

After walking around for awhile I bump into Blake. He turns around, "Clayton."

"Not now Blake." I tell him as I push past him. Soon I see Damon talking to Marcel and I hurry over to them.

"Damon, we need to leave."

Damon turns and looks at me, he raises an eyebrow and asks, "Why? What happened?"

I sigh as my body continues to shake with anger of people wanting to hurt Rose.
"Damon, we need to go. Now."

As Damon nods and starts to walk with me Marcel stops us, "Come on Alpha Clayton, don't need to leave so soon."

I turn to face Marcel, "I'm sorry Alpha Marcel, but my mate isn't well."

Damon raises an eyebrow at me before he asks, "Rose is sick?"
I shake my head no and say, "Let's go."
But Marcel stops us by saying, "You just said she wasn't well?"

"What's going on Clayton?" Damon asks me. Finally I explode my anger out, "People want Rose dead especially now that she is pregnant!"

Damon growls at me and I punch the nearest wall.

"You got my daughter pregnant?!"

"Damon listen-"

Damon pins me against the wall I just punched and yells, "SHE'S IN DANGER BECAUSE YOU GOT HER FUCKING PREGNANT?!"

I push Damon off me and growl, "Yes I got her pregnant! But that isn't why she is in danger!"

Damon growls angrily, "Then how is she in danger?!" I look around and notice everyone stopped what they are doing and are watching us.

"I'll tell you in the car, let's go." I say calmly.

Damon ignores what I just said as he punches me straight in the jaw.

"Damon I don't want to fight you!" I yell angry at him.

Damon gets right in my face and says,
"She is my daughter and you got her pregnant. Plus you won't tell me why she is in danger."

His wolf has taken control of him now as I see his eyes flicker from their normal green to yellow.

Before I knew it, he shifts into his large brown wolf and jumps at me, but I push him away causing him to fly into the table stacked with food. He gets up and shakes it off before he jumps at me again, but he never gets to me as Rose and Lacey get in between Damon and I.

Lacey calms Damon down and asks Marcel for clothes for Damon while Rose stares at me.

After she has stared at me for awhile she asks, "I'm in danger?"

I nod and take her hand, bringing her away from the large crowd and outside in front of the fountain.

"Wolves want you dead. It's because your the Luna to our pack. From now on you are going to have protection with you 24/7." I tell her.

Rose looks down at the ground and says, "Clay, I don't need protecting. I am a Luna. I do the protecting."

I set my finger under her soft chin and raise her head up so she looks at me.

"Think of it as protection for the baby then." I smile at her. She smiles at me and I wrap my arms around her in a hug.